AuthorTopic: Unfinished Mock-ups?  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Icedemon

• View Profile
    • Viceroy Studios

Unfinished Mock-ups?

on: April 06, 2007, 09:26:59 pm
Just wondering if anyone out there has a mock-up they've always wanted to turn into a game, or some project that likes unfinished in the bowels of thine computers... i love finding stuff like this, because it's always fulfilling... not looking for credit at all (except maybe a spot in the credits) just looking to hone my team's skills... Thanks!

-Ice
A Viceroy forerunner...

Viceroy studios is a community based freeware gaming enterprise dedicated to making freeware games. Basically, we make free games, and everyone helps out.
 Check the link:  www.freewebs.com/viceroystudios  word.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: Unfinished Mock-ups?

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 09:59:41 pm
Well, I tried my best to understand your post and maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not getting the second part. Sounded like you want to see our unfinished mockups at first, but then it sounded like you wanted to finish them O_o or something.. Well I really don't understand it sorry :/

Offline Icedemon

• View Profile
    • Viceroy Studios

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:40 pm
alright, let me clarify... if any one has any unfinished mock-ups, you can post them here, and id be glad to look at them. Additionally, if any wants any help finishing a mock-up, i'd be glad to do that as well. Either way, i'd love to see your guys' mock-ups!

case closed.

-ice
A Viceroy forerunner...

Viceroy studios is a community based freeware gaming enterprise dedicated to making freeware games. Basically, we make free games, and everyone helps out.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 10:53:59 pm
Additionally, if any wants any help finishing a mock-up, I'd be glad to do that as well.

I think that's what we have the pixel critique section for. If I understood you right, you're asking for people who want to make games of their old mockups? Fair enough.

As for showing off mockups, I'm afraid don't have anthing I want to post here right now. IMO I'd rather finish an idea before posting it all over the place.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 10:54:24 pm
Ah okay thanks.
I don't have much but anyways: (the start of an real time strategy game, which I never made)

The only thing I am/was proud of was that tree, which sucks perspective-wise but It was the first time I managed such shading like on the leafes to look good.

Offline Icedemon

• View Profile
    • Viceroy Studios

Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:05 am
no, that looks decent... RTS's can be pretty time-consuming, so at least you experimented... i get what you're saying about the tree; both the nice shading (which is, in fact, nice) and the perspective sucking (which doesn't, in fact, suck.. that much  :P) But hey, nice...

oh and if part/ all of my original post topic was in the wrong place, i'm sorry. This seemed to be a good place. Thanks!  ;D

-Ice
A Viceroy forerunner...