AuthorTopic: HELP ME QUIT MSPAINT!  (Read 11495 times)

Offline Rynen10K

• żĄ┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Re: HELP ME QUIT MSPAINT!

Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 06:45:05 pm
Help -> Contents? It was there when I tried the trial version.

It however isn't the "proper" manual you get when you purchase the full version. It should be enough to get you started though.

Yep, that got it... can't believe I missed that! I was too busy looking for some sort of text document or PDF or something  ::)

Thanks a ton!

Offline rougewisp

• the other side of the pillow
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 01:33:45 am
-Turn off Anti-Aliasing for everything (not just fill tool and pencil tool - EVERYTHING).
-Rotate and/or resize (not ImageSize, mind you..) with Transform Controls w/out AAing...
-Paste WITHIN layers (rather than creating a new layer, combining with the next layer, then moving it around... what a chore!).
-Make Line Tool show what it's going to do before it does it in pixels.
-Change pencil tool to be square (I'm sure this one's easy - I just don't know it, though)
-Turn a pixel grid (similar to the zoom in Ctrl+G grid of MSPaint)

(I'm using the CS3 beta, so some of this might not be in your version)

I think the global removal of AA you're looking for is under
"Edit>Preferences>General>Image Interpolation"
I would say probably nearest neighbor is your best bet, It's worked well for me for some other pixel stuff. I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure that's it.

For the line tool... I'm guessing you're aware that you can hold shift to constrain the line to certain angles, I'm pretty sure there's some way (although I can't remember what it is) that you can edit those angles. Would that help you? Most of the time the line it makes is jagged and not precise enough for pixel art anyways.

If you can't get square brush settings working, you could just make your own... I haven't made any in forever, but I think you can do it by just making a new image with whatever dimensions (square, obviously), filling it with black, and going to Edit>Define Brush Preset. If that doesn't work, you need a selection of some kind.

Pasting without making a new layer should be pretty easy, but I can't find it. I'll ask around and get back to you.
for great justice

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 09:07:04 pm
It's kind of obsolete now since you're using PM, but here's my tutorial for PS: http://robotriot.hokuten.net/photoshop_pixel_tutorial.html
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON