AuthorTopic: Nightlight  (Read 3313 times)

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Nightlight

on: April 06, 2007, 01:35:44 pm

Well some might think it looks like the sun rising, well its not suppose to be the sun, its suppose to be some kind of spirit, or wisp.. A huge light floating around the mountains at night.. :).

Anyway, Critz please :).

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: Nightlight

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 03:03:48 pm
Well, if you're going for a night-ish feeling, I would make the darker colours dark gray/blue. Purple makes it look like a sunset.

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 04:03:14 pm
Hmm.. thats nice, originally it was almost totally blue. I kinda like the blue-purple-yellow.

Not sure if im gonna change it to something like that yet.. Anyway i did this while awaiting reply, tell me if its any better :O. I kinda.. im not sure if the moon is any good..

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:25:45 pm
I liked the first one better, but a moon is a good idea. It's just...the way you implemented it, it looks like the moon was cut/pasted on rather than integrated into the image. It's like it's sitting on top of the light, unaffected by the neat gradient you've got going...you see? Like it's not in the same atmosphere. I really like the dithering and mountains, though.
If you put the moon there, I think that it'll be a bit right-heavy, since the right side of the image will have all this stuff (highest peak, moon, three clouds) y' know?

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 08:08:25 pm
Yea i totally know what you mean, ill try some different techniques with the moon :). If it doesn't work out, ill try something else. Haha or nothing at all, the picture is still pretty decent without more detail, right? :)

Offline uridicy

• Beware the Pixolator
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Pocket

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 09:43:16 pm
It looks just fine without much detail.  Less detail really enforces the feeling that the sky and mountains are far away.