AuthorTopic: C64 Style test.  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

C64 Style test.

on: April 06, 2007, 08:11:33 pm
I recently downloaded and found Project One to be rather fun (except for some annoying problems (like when there's a 'tile space' that has 3 colors but registers as 4, disallowing me to edit it until I do so some odd change), so I did a small mockup on the bottom (Then I turned out highres, which was a mistake..), after that, I worked on the female face. This is my first time at such an odd style, let me know what you guys think of it?

That, and it was a bit of a jealousy thing after I saw Ptoing's own works (although I know, I know. :P), so it's not really done yet, but I dunno how to go on from here. And I must say the style is pretty fun too. ;D

EDIT: Updated partially.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:17:22 pm by Ryan Cordel »

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: C64 Style test.

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 03:04:28 am
The dithering to me, is far to noticable, and does not really do much to blend the colors. I would revamp the pallete, because this one is not working for me at all. I know it is in the restrictions of C64, but still, that can be used much better.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Re: C64 Style test.

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 10:22:03 am
(like when there's a 'tile space' that has 3 colors but registers as 4, disallowing me to edit it until I do so some odd change)

I hope you know that the 4th colour (the background colour) has to be the same over the entire picture, even when you're not using the background on one tile it still counts.