AuthorTopic: (WIP) game Buflons.  (Read 22543 times)

yosh64

Re: (WIP) game Buflons.

Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 11:12:33 am
hey

First of all, very nice work, and it's nice to see your progress :).

I can't remember if worms does this, nor do I know if your game engine would support this, but I was thinking maybe you should add background rocks?

edit

I quickly done an edit, and added some background rocks to show you what I mean.

Ohh, and if you do this, be careful not to blend the background with the foreground :). Also, when/if the foreground is destroyed in battle, then the background rocks should appear behind. Hmm, maybe you could generate a separate background layer based on the foreground? I dunno though, maybe this is something you can add later, after you have fully completed development of the game. I mean, I think it's better to get the game done, rather than spend time and energy trying to figure out how to add something that isn't essential.

cya

Offline Omenith

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 05:30:46 pm

This jump just keeps getting better... My favorite is frame 8 and on!! It adds so much dynamic personality!

To address your concern: I think reusing parts of a larger animation is just fine. It's been done alot especially in fighting games (sometimes even in animated movies). No sense remaking something so similar especially when it comes to limited memory, space or time (heck, even being lazy! :D). Infact some people may even call it genius... GOOD THINKING!

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 09:38:45 am
yosh64: It's good thing! This rocks do foreground more depth. I do something like this, but some later, you right thinking, when I am solve some basic task, the same as a weapon, motion, explotion, way of life persons, environment. Thanks for you advice!

Omenith: Yes you right ;D Because it's on-line game (to play user must download this again in next enter the world) and I try to do her more light and simple, but want paint interestingly  :blind: Thanks!

Some sketch weapons (rocket launcher). But in many games use metallic and present-day weapons, i think stop it on bugs! Weapon - catapult with explosive bugs, name is "Bambuka". Character launch bugs and when he is hit than ba-ba-baaahhh...

I think this creatures (Buflons) is the alien aboriginal. They have skull on huts, some drapery instead of the door and something like this... I think this more interesting and funny.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 12:59:02 pm
Hey, pretty cool work- keep it up :)  :y:
Although I would like some ambient light on the landscape, maybe a purple hue, perhaps?

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: April 07, 2007, 10:50:54 am
Thanks! Of course added a purple hue  :) I am already do it in last works, just yosh64 edit one of first version.
Now i must some lay aside this work, because need paint some animals for another tasks :(