AuthorTopic: bleach fanart  (Read 3537 times)

Offline mrmean

• View Profile

bleach fanart

on: October 14, 2005, 11:49:41 pm
here we have tsubaki with/without backround 16colors overall

I'm not very good at making mufflers or scarfs, but i am trying to get better ;D

and the main character in the series: ichigo
it may not be my greatest piece, but it is much better then my last try. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/mrmean/Ichigo.png
both may need some more work... but they are almost done!  :D

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Re: bleach fanart

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 04:06:50 am
Pretty good details on tsubaki. I'd maybe remove the dark pixels on the outside of the character's outline, but it's no big deal.

On the main character, what about adding a highlight on the hair?? His right collar, our left, could use some anti-aliasing to smooth the light color with the black. One other thing, you should try to get more of the body to show through the shape of the clothing... maybe change the color of the highlight around where the right knee would be?? Good luck with these.

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 04:27:39 am
It's neat how you used dithering to give subtle shading on the headshot's hair. You did a good job of breaking up any aliasing and the coloring shows a strong light source.

One thing that stands out are the number of colors used. The color count could be cut in half and the end product would look similar. Using that many colors in a sprite this size goes unappreciated because it's hard to distinguish between shades that are so gradual.

Offline mrmean

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 05:30:04 pm
after              before
/
i improved tsubaki, from 16colors to 10