AuthorTopic: [WIP] Game Title screen + [Finished] Iso Run Animation  (Read 19658 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: [WIP] Game Title screen + [Finished] Iso Run Animation

Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 12:43:33 am
this might be one of the few cases where i think a nice plain photoshopped font might look better.  It will save you a lot of time, plus hand pixelled font's never look that in good in my opinion.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007, 02:06:12 am
I like that font Feron. Although I agree that pixelling the font is not strictly necessary in this case...

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #42 on: June 02, 2007, 08:18:15 pm
Yes, it is hard to keep consistency when pixelling fonts of this type, and even more with my little experience in this... I wanted to keep it 100% pixelled though, that adding to my lack of experience with photoshop in general, and with text in particular. It did take a lot of time, 'shoping would reduce it. But i'm enjoying learning stuff as i go along. But I'll look into photoshoping the rest of the text.

I'll call the sky completed, now moving on to factory, and a few extra things.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007, 11:15:13 pm
i just thought it looked a bit out of place.  The nice soft shading of the scene, but then bright text.  Hell its great practice, just perhaps a simpler font (hand pixelled or otherwise) might look nicer.  You mentioned earlier you were short on time, and a computer generated font would save a great deal imo...

Sky is looking nice, still looks a bit rough though.  I tink the factory is going to look wonderful  :)

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 01:40:52 pm
Wow! Nice progress ))
But with persons (impendent fist and other) on background this is been more intresting, in my opinion.

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 11:32:54 pm
Cor, that's one hell of a large pixel pic. Nice progress on it so far, though I agree the sky's still looking a bit rough, especially compared to the rest. The perspective on that Benz feels a bit wonky at the back, but nice job on it nonetheless, and great progression on that run cycle.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 12:10:01 am
The only one thing i never got was why his arm looked like betty spegeti's arm  :huh:

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 03:16:53 pm
Thanks for all the help feron, and guys :) I've read the crits before but have been busy with exams (just came out of one :)) so i wanted to reply only after that, with a fresh head.

Feron: I agree that the font is bold, but i think that it is intended for title letterings to be the thing that pops out the most. My design skills and composition are limited though, so i may be wrong in this, but i feel it makes sense. Thanks for the nice words :)

mangust: oh, i took those people from the back just to work on the factory, i'll be adding them in later! Thanks for the reminder.

LoTekk: thanks for the crits. I'll work more on the sky, add a few inbetween shades on the clouds, and smoothen the horizon effect. I won't be touching the car anymore, since i'm kinda lost on how to make it work with the perspective anymore...

chigsam: the wonky arm is on purpose, to show the swinging movement, thinking "dynamic run", basing the pose on the run animation. Maybe i should do the same with the other arm / rest of body...

I'll post more when i'm done with it. Deadline is the 15th... Still have some tiles to do and code to complete.