AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 244026 times)

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #670 on: June 11, 2007, 08:27:31 am
all this lego talk brings back awesome memories, always building my own creations together with my brother. Yea Lego mechs own!
But those were the old legos, the new legos I think are really crap nothing really inventive, just plain and simple although I loved the Spider-man franchise.

This also reminds me of a lego animation I was working on 1,5 year ago, I nver got it finished too bad  :yell:
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #671 on: June 11, 2007, 11:24:05 am
Since we're talking lego - Adam's got me doing it again. Got all my lego from the attic and and built this one:

Here are some additional pics:
Front view:
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7396/dsc00304pl6.jpg
Back:
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8339/dsc00306ru0.jpg

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #672 on: June 11, 2007, 09:29:55 pm
I'm such an inferior Lego-er compared to you, Opacus.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #673 on: June 11, 2007, 10:50:26 pm
nice one :D  i should my dodonpachi challenge entry in LEGO....

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #674 on: June 12, 2007, 01:56:58 am
I feel so different...and...lonely...
I never had legos. Always with the K-nex for me. Big ball factories and rollercoasters. But Legos always seemed so boring.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #675 on: June 12, 2007, 03:02:55 am
   I've had Legos in the past. They were pretty cool. Sucks though, cause my mom gave them to my little cousin. I'm sure she played with them for a total of 5 minutes. Not that I was a Lego-holic, but I always enjoyed them.
   Never had a K-nex set in my life. My creative chops in enginuity are shit. Man, do any of you guys ever wish you could fly back through time to be a kid, just to divulge yourself in all the awesome toys we never knew about? Maturing blows the big one...
   I think I've found my calling card: "Unmotivational speaking," for young children. I'll go around schools, and preach the truth to the young, corruptible minds, about how maturing, and getting old is way over-rated. Cherish the memories, you little rad tad misfits....CHERISH THEM(shakes fist...)
my back hurts...

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #676 on: June 12, 2007, 04:20:46 am
Man, do any of you guys ever wish you could fly back through time to be a kid, just to divulge yourself in all the awesome toys we never knew about? Maturing blows the big one...

I disagree.  Now that I'm an adult I can both afford MORE toys AND I can write them off as a business expense sometimes :D  Though I don't always like the looks the clerks give me when I tell them no, I don't need a gift receipt for this star wars lego set, it's for me thank you very much!

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #677 on: June 12, 2007, 05:54:52 am
I feel so different...and...lonely...
I never had legos. Always with the K-nex for me. Big ball factories and rollercoasters. But Legos always seemed so boring.

I had K-nex too, a huge box filled with it.
They were neat, but somehow it always felt they would break if pulling the pieces apart too hard.

I am really nostalgic (so what >:0) and yeah at times I do wish I could go back. Not for discovering new toys though, but for reviving experiences or doing things differently.
But yeah I'm happy with how everyting is right now, being adult and all and being able to buy as many toys as I want.
And uhm I never get weird faces from clerks when I go buy toys, but from people around me :P
Ah well.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #678 on: June 13, 2007, 04:05:52 am
Always with the K-nex for me.
YES.  I was a K-nex kid myself. 

I found the fear of K-nex breaking to be far less distressing than the agony of trying to get 2 identical rectangular lego pieces apart.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #679 on: June 13, 2007, 04:25:44 am
I found the fear of K-nex breaking to be far less distressing than the agony of trying to get 2 identical rectangular lego pieces apart.

Ugh, you nailed that one on the dot for sure. That used to piss me off so bad, especially with the smaller lego sets. It would get to the point where I would start smashing them to the ground, in hopes of separating the two. I swear, once 2 rectangular pieces were put together, it's as if they created their own bonding fluid/adhesive. The Jaws of life couldn't separate those damn things.../end rant
my back hurts...