AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 245902 times)

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #560 on: May 30, 2007, 09:17:49 pm
I tried (flashcards are great!) Diamond and realised that it's just a pointless rehash of the same old game. If I wanted to play a pokemon game I'd play red, atleast it has nostalgic value to me.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #561 on: May 30, 2007, 09:57:29 pm
Aw damn, don't start with the card game thing... I totally miss Duel Masters...

I only know two people who play that game. One of them is me, and the other is my friend who currently lives so far away I've only seen him once in the past six months. The last time I took out my deck just to feel the cards in my hands was.. yesterday.

I've looked at an astonishing amount of trading card games in my years. And they all looked like blasphemy to me. But I really fell for Duel Masters. It's simple enough to never ever have to worry about what the rules say about a situation, but it's complex enough to be incredibly fun. It's much much deeper than one would ever imagine, despite the simple rules. And yet it manages to stay very balanced, except for a select couple of cards or so.

I wanna play Duel Masters...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #562 on: May 30, 2007, 10:03:43 pm
closest I ever came to playing cards was when I was a kid, there was a card store at the mall for a couple months, I remember going in and looking at a $800 michael jordon card.
and at primary school there were these "freak cards" or something, lots of ugly looking cartoon characters, that you collect and trade just for the sake of collecting and trading :huh:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #563 on: May 31, 2007, 01:31:01 am
Can we get a mother-****-ng avatar option up in here? Seriously though, when is that gonna be fixed? :|

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #564 on: May 31, 2007, 04:09:42 am
Only card game I know how to play is Uno.
Screw the rest.

On the Pokemon thing, I was never a huge fan of the games, except maybe I played them a couple times, thought "This ain't bad, but what's the big deal?"
But now that my brother got Pkmn Diamond, I can't put it down. It's pretty much the first pokemon game I've ever played beyond the first area.

But I super ditto the want for a 3d pokemon game.

AFAIK, the pokemon cartoon was one of the few shows I've ever watched where the characters had a reason for yelling out the moves.

I dislike Yu-gi-bitch because the main character has frightening eyes, from the 5 minutes I've seen, he also has split personality disorder, and they have those things on their arms. I know nothing about the actual card game, and don't want to cuz I'm jack like dat.

But now I really don't like much any anime any more any way.

Except Avatar, and I'm not sure if that would count.

Anyone else think Avatar is a beastly-awesome show, and can't wait for the next season?

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #565 on: May 31, 2007, 05:49:07 am
Can we get a mother-****-ng avatar option up in here? Seriously though, when is that gonna be fixed? :|

I have no clue where goat is, he hasn't been on for about a month. So maybe we will install the forum software from scratch instead of having him patching and fixing.
But for that we'll have to test it and all, and since May/June are rather busy months, it might take a while, but it will be fixed eventually.

Anyone else think Avatar is a beastly-awesome show, and can't wait for the next season?

It is quite entertaining, and I do watch it from time to time (though I guess here in Europe we are having all the broadcasting late and all) but yeah, neat.
The whole thing reminds me of the Geomancers that appear in FF3 DS (which I'm hooked to right now)

Oh, oh and Tickets to Japan GET! *holds them the Link way*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:57:05 am by Panda »

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #566 on: May 31, 2007, 06:42:13 am

I dislike Yu-gi-bitch because the main character has frightening eyes, from the 5 minutes I've seen, he also has split personality disorder, and they have those things on their arms. I know nothing about the actual card game, and don't want to cuz I'm jack like dat.

Hehe you might like this version of Yugioh, Ygo the abridge series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1_OkegYtZI

Yeah, Avatar is awesome. I'm also anticipating the next season. It's just that great.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #567 on: May 31, 2007, 07:16:16 pm
We're talking about cartoons now? OKAY!

I love Duel Masters, the animated show, also! Exactly everyone seems to hate it, but they're all just taking it too seriously. It's so very obvious that, aside from the subtle advertizing the card game by introducing new awesome cards every time a new card set is released, it's making fun of itself and every other anime that has anything to do with playing with cards or fighting monsters.

And unlike YGO, all the cards and functions in the Duel Masters cartoon exist for real. They are playing with the actual game rules. Which also makes it more fun if you just take it as a parody, when the onlookers go like "OMG! HE BLOCKED HIS ATTACK!!", because that's such a basic function of one of the two monster types that... if you didn't expect it, you have to be stupid. Which they all are. So it's funny.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #568 on: May 31, 2007, 08:08:04 pm
I always hated the "shade" lines(stuff you usually see in sketches to substitute for shading) they used on the animations in Yugi-oh, it was so distracting.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #569 on: May 31, 2007, 11:36:41 pm
closest I ever came to playing cards was when I was a kid, there was a card store at the mall for a couple months, I remember going in and looking at a $800 michael jordon card.
and at primary school there were these "freak cards" or something, lots of ugly looking cartoon characters, that you collect and trade just for the sake of collecting and trading :huh:

These freak cards?
http://www.garbagepailkidsworld.com/

These were THE cards to collect as a kid.. they kind of died out halfway through primary school...
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins