AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 243983 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #500 on: May 28, 2007, 05:15:03 am
Osnap, TakaM, nice to see your game coming along. Looks friggin awesome.
And how can you not be excited for SSBB!?

Adam: Yo, dude, that would make Brawl the sickest game fucking ever. (I don't know music composers, so I wouldn't've caught any of that) They'd better have a massive army of characters when this game comes out...or even downloadable content released every so often consisting of new levels and characters and items and stuff. Can the Wii do that?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #501 on: May 28, 2007, 05:49:24 am
and I didn't really feel the direction they took melee from SSB, and it looks like they're advancing it in that same direction...
I dunno, if the controls feel natural this time, I'll probably get it.. hopefully samus controls well

and the composer list has gotten people pretty excited, since it's a massive list and most of them are from very popular franchises
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #502 on: May 28, 2007, 06:30:12 am
i prefer melee, only because I think most of the characters are balanced better.  But I tell you what, if they give fox and falco the same ridiculous abilities as they had in melee (speed + amazing upsmash + non-reflex reflect + stun + fast projectile attack) I will be a little bit disappointed...I really like to play as Fox but its just not fair most of the time.  When you can knock out any character at 0% with a 4-hit combo (and can use your projectiles and speed to pull that off ALL THE TIME) then I feel like the character needs to be toned down a bit :P

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #503 on: May 28, 2007, 06:39:25 am
Been a minute since I played, but weren't they lighter characters? But I agree, they're crazy tough. But I never really liked playing as them. Link has always been the beastliest...but Pit might change that...

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #504 on: May 28, 2007, 06:54:17 am
Yeah fox was very light, falco somewhat less so (but slightly slower), but it just doesn't matter much.  They have so much offense stacked on their side, plus the reflect shield, that it doesn't seem to matter much.  When you can approach a character at 0%, do the reflect-shield stun, then upsmash, upsmash, jump upsmash and they DIE even on hyrule temple?  That's just over the top!  Err, well literally even :P

Yeah I'm way excited for pit, even more excited for zero suit samus, in hopes that she will float somewhat less than regular samus...not to mention SOLID SNAKE....bleeaargh I need to make my life's fortune before that game comes out because after that, bye bye productivity.  SSB Brawl: The Job And Marriage Destroyer Chronicles!

Can you imagine...if they put Chrono in, you KNOW they would put in Dual Techniques during team play...

EDIT - heh, I typed "slow" instead of "so" in the first sentence there.  It's official: ITS TIME FOR BED.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #505 on: May 28, 2007, 07:11:23 am
but dude did you see the composer list?  MITSUDA!  Chrono's GOTTA be playable.  He's just gotta!

Nintendo recently acquired Monolith soft, which was founded by people who left square. These same people made(or were involved in making) Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Xenosaga. Mitsuda composed music for all of these games. So i guess it's possible that Monolith characters from Chrono, Xeno or Baten kaitos series could appear in brawl. Having Crono, Serge, Fei, Kos-Mos, Shion or Kalas as a playable character would surely make me get the game.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #506 on: May 28, 2007, 08:02:12 am
Oh, and grandpas... Good posts = helping them across the road, bad posts = beating them up...  Umm... that's a stupid analogy. It's against the law to do something bad. Beating grandpas up, or bad posts. But the law doesn't give a crap if you DON'T do good things, helping grandpas. It also doesn't really care if you do help someone, because it's totally your choice and the law says nothing that one should help grandpas over the road. But it does specifically say that you'll be punished if you beat them up.

So uh... Yeah. Doing bad things puts a spot on the record. But doing good things won't earn you a golden star, or remove those spots. So I guess the analogy is correct... But it's still stupid.

Well, it was just a random example, but it works.
And actually we haven't punished him yet, he got his second and third chance already, yet he hasn't changed much.
Also he was wondering how his good posts don't make up for the bad ones, but it doesn't work like that when 50% of them are good and the other 50% are bad.
Doing good things will boost your karma (even though there is no proper system, we do notice who helps etc) and that will clean your strikes etc, but only works if you only keep behaving. If you alternate good and bad actions, it won't lead you anywhere.
Earning a bad reputation is something that could happen in a matter of seconds, but earning a good one back takes hard work.
Not only in pixelation, but everywhere.

But anyway, I'll leave all this aside. Let's hope Gil starts behaving.

As for Smash Bros, right now I got mixed feelings about it.
A part of me wants it badly being a nintendo fanboi (as Ptoing likes to call it), but at the same time (pretty much from the current lack of info) I feel like I could wait for a while without it, as the Melee one kinda does the job right now. But I guess I'll end up getting it.
Right now I'm looking forward to a couple of DS games.

[edit]: I wanna watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqJYQ2C1-Ug&eurl= :0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:31:36 am by Panda »

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #507 on: May 28, 2007, 01:34:29 pm
SSBM was fun... but I never had anyone to play with, which kinda ruined the point. Or, well, rather, I didn't own the game. I occationally visited a friend of mine who had it.

I will buy SSBB, but seeing as I just got my 360 back, the Wii has dropped a lot on my list of priorities. I might get one for christmas. Or, next summer. The only game I really want for it is Metroid Prime 3, but I'm steadily getting less excited about it the longer I have to wait. And in September, Halo 3 shows up... so...

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #508 on: May 28, 2007, 05:46:32 pm
what happened to Commercial Critique and why are there no challenges anymore?

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #509 on: May 28, 2007, 05:58:30 pm
yeah, when's the pixelator gonna start up again?