AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 245957 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #370 on: April 29, 2007, 07:57:05 am
Probably just misinformed.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #371 on: April 29, 2007, 11:08:37 am
... how do you fake a website?

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #372 on: April 29, 2007, 12:12:14 pm
with a few beers, some girls, a bucket of screws and a hammer.
untz untz untz?

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #373 on: April 29, 2007, 12:22:49 pm
Walking with Dinosaurs - Making of:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OtfMIiinJso&mode=related&search=

I won a Walking With Dinosaurs CD years ago.. :p

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #374 on: April 29, 2007, 01:21:50 pm
... how do you fake a website?
I meant if this website is serious or if it's supposed to be a joke.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #375 on: April 29, 2007, 05:36:38 pm
I hate you for Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I hate Team Ninja for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

I desperately want it. Or even better, a freaking sequel. Ever since the first rumors of Black, I've been CRAVING a sequel.

There's some rumors about a proper sequel coming for the xblox360, so i can stop craving as well. Ninja gaiden really pushes you as a player until you really feel like a ninja beating up enemies that were nearly impossible the first time you met them.

(can't insert more quotes for some reason  :huh:)
DINOSAURS! man those were awesome. I want the raptor suit for myself and walk to work wearing it every day.

Offline Presley

• View Profile

Reply #376 on: April 29, 2007, 07:01:45 pm
Just noticed that macs is spelt scam backwards ;@ Yus, not very remarkable considering it's a colloquial term for macintosh, and it needs to be plural, but the connection remains! :P

Wait till Sedge sees that  :D

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #377 on: April 29, 2007, 10:52:41 pm
my computer went all retarded again... started deleting crucial dlls' etc because they were apparently corrupted..
fine, "I'm done with this hard drive" I said, I swapped out my C drive for a nice 150gig HDD, and started reinstalling windows
but the computer wouldn't detect the HDD.. so after a while I figured there must be something wrong with the power supply for that hard drive or the ribbon or something.. so I unplugged one of the other HDD's and used those cables...

so I think all the problems I've had is because of those faulty cables.. constantly stepping down my graphics card somehow, crashing all the time, deleting stuff all the time.. it got to the point I could only download 2 things at once, and if I did anything else my comp would crash, photoshop got unbelievably retarded, videos ran at like 10 FPS with a ton of tearing.. man

so now, even though I have to download and install a lot of stuff again, its worth it.. my computer's quite respectable now :)

edit-
only bad thing is I can now confirm there are problems with my mouse, and it wasn't my computer's fault :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 10:57:19 pm by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Presley

• View Profile

Reply #378 on: April 30, 2007, 11:40:52 am
my computer went all retarded again... started deleting crucial dlls' etc because they were apparently corrupted..
fine, "I'm done with this hard drive" I said, I swapped out my C drive for a nice 150gig HDD, and started reinstalling windows
but the computer wouldn't detect the HDD.. so after a while I figured there must be something wrong with the power supply for that hard drive or the ribbon or something.. so I unplugged one of the other HDD's and used those cables...

so I think all the problems I've had is because of those faulty cables.. constantly stepping down my graphics card somehow, crashing all the time, deleting stuff all the time.. it got to the point I could only download 2 things at once, and if I did anything else my comp would crash, photoshop got unbelievably retarded, videos ran at like 10 FPS with a ton of tearing.. man

so now, even though I have to download and install a lot of stuff again, its worth it.. my computer's quite respectable now :)

edit-
only bad thing is I can now confirm there are problems with my mouse, and it wasn't my computer's fault :P

Good luck with resolving that :D

In good computer news, my sound card just decided to start working for the first time in a year. Now I can listen to Youtube videos. AWESOME.

Even stranger so, it started working in the middle of "The Scary Door" thing from Futurama on Youtube after I got linked there.

Can you tell I'm excited?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #379 on: April 30, 2007, 08:56:05 pm
gargh... isn't going as smoothly as things were initially..
turns out my old C drive is now corrupt, which is a bummer, coz flashfxp was on it, which is a pain in the ass to set up, lots of movies etc, and then I realized all my graphics were on it, luckily most of the stuff is backed up on the internet, but there's still a lot I'm going to have trouble tracking down since I don't have the history containing them all.. and I'll probably have to rip the tiles from my own game >_<

but, I'm searching for any program that boasts recovering files from a corrupt/unreadable hard drive, so any help is greatly, greatly appreciated
Life without knowledge is death in disguise