AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 245743 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #340 on: April 24, 2007, 03:04:55 am
Has anyone seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1EbNvHDxbA
Saw a trailer for his upcoming movie but can't seem to relocate it.

Offline Omenith

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #341 on: April 24, 2007, 07:17:38 am
Xion, that is some awesome shit right there... You better find the trailer and post it! Couldn't find the part 3 though, the ending was cut off?

Heres something you guys might find interesting.. My friend looked it up and refered it to me. Wish they had darker chalks tho...

http://www.thebbps.com/blog/2007/04/19/final-fantasy-wall-mural/

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #342 on: April 24, 2007, 10:48:36 am
My only problem with my Mac is that the mouse feels so much different than from when I was on a PC... like it's less accurate.  I've tried adjusting the settings but I just can't get it right.  Pixelling feels so weird.

thats a relief, its not just me then  :-[

any way to hook up a regular 2 buton mouse on a mac?
untz untz untz?

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #343 on: April 24, 2007, 11:08:20 am
Tutorial on how to hook up an USB multibutton mouse to a mac:

Take the usb cable and plug it in -> done   :lol:

Most usb mice work on macs no problem. I personally hate that singlebutton thingie, so i've never really used a mac with those.
Macs are great for work but bad for gaming.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #344 on: April 24, 2007, 12:23:50 pm
any way to hook up a regular 2 buton mouse on a mac?

its called a mighty mouse, way better than single button mouse.  If you dont wanna pay lots of money for one then just use a PC mouse plugged into usb.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #345 on: April 24, 2007, 12:28:55 pm
Mice are overrated and poop. Tablets 4 lyfe!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #346 on: April 24, 2007, 07:26:27 pm
The PC/mac thing is a fascinating phenomenon, indeed. I'm a PC guy. They feel like home to me, and I've grown to like some of the little quirks of Windows. Especially when my computers consistently do nothing to me, but as soon as someone else wants to use them they act up.

However, I've sat down with Macs a few times, and the first time, it was like... well, I didn't understand it. But the SECOND time it felt like stepping into a limo or something. They're beautiful machines. No matter how many smooth fades and translucency effects Microsoft try to cram into their new operative systems, they still feel rough and edgy somehow, while a Mac feels like bathing in warm butter.

That's a good thing, if you didn't know.

However, for professional and heavy stability-dependent work, like video and audio editing and rendering, I'd MUCH rather be using a Mac. I don't know how many times hours of video editing work has gone down the drain because of Windows. That just doesn't happen on a Mac.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #347 on: April 24, 2007, 07:40:14 pm
The PC/mac thing is a fascinating phenomenon, indeed. I'm a PC guy. They feel like home to me, and I've grown to like some of the little quirks of Windows. Especially when my computers consistently do nothing to me, but as soon as someone else wants to use them they act up.

However, I've sat down with Macs a few times, and the first time, it was like... well, I didn't understand it. But the SECOND time it felt like stepping into a limo or something. They're beautiful machines. No matter how many smooth fades and translucency effects Microsoft try to cram into their new operative systems, they still feel rough and edgy somehow, while a Mac feels like bathing in warm butter.

That's a good thing, if you didn't know.

However, for professional and heavy stability-dependent work, like video and audio editing and rendering, I'd MUCH rather be using a Mac. I don't know how many times hours of video editing work has gone down the drain because of Windows. That just doesn't happen on a Mac.

I'm a purist when it comes to machines. i really have nothing against those who like the smoothness and the overall feel of mac's gui, but i would take a command terminal over that any day. I am the kind of guy who thinks the mouse is the silliest invention ever. It might seem strange since i am an artist, and artist's work ethic tend to demand things like a fancy gui and mouse operated programs, but i like the simplicity.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #348 on: April 24, 2007, 09:19:52 pm
My dad bought me a tablet yesterday, can't wait for it to arrive.  :0'

Offline Mixel

• View Profile

Reply #349 on: April 25, 2007, 01:08:21 am
I cant do pixelling with a tablet, i dont know why. :/

I use an Intuos for pretty much everything but pixelly stuff.