AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 243981 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #190 on: April 03, 2007, 03:22:51 pm
How about using a ship. Really, either you swim or you stock up gadgets until they form a ship. durr :B
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #191 on: April 03, 2007, 03:31:10 pm
on the news a while ago, a new zealander got lost at sea.. I think he spent a few weeks floating in the ocean before they found him, he was burnt to a crisp, and something like all the blood had pooled at the back of his head so if he became verticle it would kill him.
it was a pretty crazy story, he said all he could do was when it rained to open his mouth as wide as possible
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #192 on: April 03, 2007, 04:39:15 pm
That's terrible. I guess I'll stick to boats then. Although... I could do with a bit of a tan...

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #193 on: April 03, 2007, 04:57:21 pm
   Ok, so let's assume that you have some type of outter layer suit that electrifies predators, or you could have the lightweight cage thingy. But what about Giant Squids, that are known to devour ships. Hmm, did you think about that one, Mister? Or what about non-skeletal creatures that are not prone to shock. Or giant Jelly fish, that shock you with their tendrils? Or Posiedon...he touches little English boy's bottoms (so I've heard...).
   And Takam, that's crazy. Was he just floating with his body, or was he on something? That's just amazing. Hope the guy is alright. I can't relate to him, though, seeing as how I can totally fly, and leap long distances and junk. Yeah, I'm amazing and junk.
   On another note, my brother just told me that he's had re-occurring dreams 3 nights in a row. Each time, 2 men take him to an electrical chair. The first day, they took him to the chair, and told him he was brave for doing what he was doing. The second day, he dreamt the same thing, however, the 2 men mentioned that he died the first time he was taken to the chair. The third time, they also mentioned that it would be his 3rd time dying. Crazy stuff. Anyone else have reoccurring dreams?
my back hurts...

Offline Serendor

• View Profile

Reply #194 on: April 03, 2007, 08:31:17 pm
I like dreams alot...

I had 2 reoccurring dreams in my younger days....

1. I was in school and the whole school was gathered outside the forest... everybody was waiting for something, just standing looking into the forest... there was new reporter there also....

suddenly a T-Rex ( I was a big fan of T-Rex when I was young) sprung out from the forest chasing everyone and eating them... the one surviving longest time was the winner... it was terrifying but really cool dream... like a game or so....

2. The second dream is a nightmare

Its party at home... my older brother birthday. I'm going down the stairs to see what he and his friends are doing. Walking in to the TV room where lots of small children are frozen together with their mums.. suddenly they start staring at me and the eyes are glowing a disgusting high saturated green slimy colour...
I get scared and run into my brothers room and they are also frozen in the middle of a huge Lego construction. They start staring with the glowing eyes..
I freaking out and run to the stairs notice that all with glowing eyes have evolved into clowns (scary clowns) I run up the stairs My mum see me and stretching out her hand to save me... the stair breaks down and she grabbing my hand but the clowns get a grip of my feets and I'm down in the basement again surrounded by scary clowns and they starts eating my flesh... I'm dead :blind:

I hated that dream so much... the clowns reoccurred alot in my dreams... they are my nemesis... scary clowns with glowing green slimy eyes...

I have been hunted by them in a car, street, in forrest etc.... scary like hell

Well, nowdays I dream alot too... Zombi dreams are fun... also like to analyze dreams.. if you study them you see parallels to what you have done or thinking of during the day.... really cool

don't know though what the clowns represent... my borther had a hand made clown mask in his room by that time... I think that one made me dream those dreams :/

//Albin
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:35:50 pm by Serendor »

Offline Rynen10K

• żĄ┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #195 on: April 03, 2007, 08:34:11 pm
*ahem* sharks....you can't exactly sleep in floating water when their are sharks around who might mistake you for a seal, or large fish. That or giant squid...and lochness...and underwater warriors of Atlantis who charge trespassers 300 Runes( thats $8,000, American) to pass the toll...Sea life isn't for land peddlers, no sir.

If Finding Nemo has taught us anything, it's that all fish understand, but don't necessarily speak, the english language.

Thus:

Problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:35:52 pm by Rynen10K »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #196 on: April 03, 2007, 10:34:41 pm
*ahem* sharks....you can't exactly sleep in floating water when their are sharks around who might mistake you for a seal, or large fish. That or giant squid...and lochness...and underwater warriors of Atlantis who charge trespassers 300 Runes( thats $8,000, American) to pass the toll...Sea life isn't for land peddlers, no sir.

If Finding Nemo has taught us anything, it's that all fish understand, but don't necessarily speak, the english language.
Marlin couldn't read. I'm guessing it might be a kind of rare thing for fish to read. So maybe that wouldn't work. After all, sharks aren't known to be the brightest fish. Everyone knows that title belongs to the flounder.

Also, not sure if anyone else here's a fan of the Flight comics, but http://www.newsarama.com/Flight/v4Mar07/preview/Flightgallery.html.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:22:06 am by Xion »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #197 on: April 04, 2007, 05:01:03 am
oooo awesome i didn't know the previews were up already - i have the first 3 volumes here, and kazu's repaint of the vol 1 cover on my desktop right now :D  i had the vol 4 cover up for a while too...reading them now!

EDIT - oh hell yes, zita, missile mouse and jellaby all in one volume!!  this is a beautiful world we live in
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:07:06 am by AdamAtomic »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #198 on: April 04, 2007, 05:58:57 am
yah B.O.B, he was just in his wetsuit floating on his back
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #199 on: April 04, 2007, 12:17:19 pm
Wow. That would suck pretty bad. I don't understand, however, how he could just manage to lay down for so long. I guess swimming so long got to him. I remember one time I was at my local swimming pool, and I decided to take a mini nap. So instead of stealing a friends floaty, I decided to let my body float on the surface of the water. It was about 2-3 minutes, before a I heard a rushing of water. Next thing I know, I turn my relaxed head around and see some new life guard rushing towards me, Baywatch style. Seriously, this guy was serious, and would have made David Hasslehoff proud. He came up to me grabbed me. I immediately stood up in the water and gave the guy a confused "wtf" look. The guy was like, " Are you ok?!?". To which I responded, " Uhmm, yeah." I stared at him for a second or two, until he realized there wasn't a problem. My friend laughed his ass off the whole time, though...good times.
my back hurts...