AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 245932 times)

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 05:52:59 pm
This brings us to problem numero dos: I can't seem to merge the layers, and copy the whole thing onto paint.
strg+e merges layers, strg+shift+c copys an image merged (works only if the selected layer is visible). maybe this helps..

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 07:07:27 pm

Take tips off of this peice.

in all seriousness though, if there is anything to remember about a brew game, it's to balance time with atmosphere with capability. 

get work done, but dont be a slavedriver, particularly of yourself.  if you and your coworkers arent getting payed, then you have to make it relaxed.  if you want a product, you have to work for it.  lead by example; do your own parts (programming, I gather) and everyone else (music, graphics, writing, etc) will follow because nobody wants to be the unproductive part of the team.  Don't plan beyond your means, this will lead to a frustrating grind that wont produce results.  OpenGL ES has very few restrictions, but make sure that you know them!  Also know your own restictions.  Dont plan enough work for 12 years, you wont get it done fast enough to be worth it.

Hahhaha I love that sprite, that will never get old...

Yeah I've actually made whole games before, I'm not too worried about the actual workflow, more the nitty gritty.  I've done massive amounts of C++ and OpenGL programming, including game engines, 3d modelers, utilities, et, and I'm pretty decent with events, I did a couple years as a windows developer.  I'm more interested in the nasty surprises that Brew and OGL ES will undoubtedly have for me :)  I officially start digging into it second week of april, going to try and get the core graphics working in 4 or 5 days.  If there are any specific problems/catch22s that you hit I would love to hear about them!

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: March 26, 2007, 09:05:39 pm
Hey, congrats on the promotion, Adam.  Also, nice job on the website, though the art could be easier to navigate and the writing isn't showing up.  I'll assume it's still in progress, but you have the link in your sig, so people will be complaining about it :P
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #53 on: March 26, 2007, 09:14:10 pm
yeah writing & tunes are just plain empty still, and i'm working on making a previous and next button for the bubble, my parents couldn't even FIND the navigation :P

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 09:25:57 pm
Ah, okay.  You might want an "under construction" message to pop up on writing and music, since 404 not found pages imply broken-ness rather than under-construction-ness.  Previous and next would probably help quite a bit in the art section, as well as the pug pics.  Speaking of the pug pics, those are quite cute.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #55 on: March 26, 2007, 10:22:35 pm
I like how the boxes on the website are set up... you don't need a prev or next button imo if you are intelligent enough to navigate the little pixel boxes. :)

Take tips off of this peice.

Uhm... that made me -lol- XD

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: March 27, 2007, 02:34:00 am
I like how the boxes on the website are set up... you don't need a prev or next button imo if you are intelligent enough to navigate the little pixel boxes. :)

steady enough hand != intelligence.

(:P)

Offline abzdragon

• cupcake unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Fishbowl Designs

Reply #57 on: March 27, 2007, 02:51:43 am
Assuming pixel artists already have steady hands...

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #58 on: March 27, 2007, 03:11:07 am
   I have crack fingers. They...aren't normal. But they do the job. By the by, I'm going absolutely no where with my guitar. Everyday I come home from work, I pick it up and play(or try to play it) or I just draw. I've been at it since Dec. and have noticed little improvement. I believe now, that I am no musician, and that the arts shall be primarily left to my hands...God help me if I go blind...
   I'm also considering moving out on my own, instead of living with my brother, helping to pay rent and all that non-sense. Don't know what's going to happen with me, or where I'll end up. I hope I can finally decide on a college major and go back for craps sakes. Still though, I'm enjoying the break while I have the chance.
   I also haven't learned any spanish. Which is sad, seeing as how I'm Mexican. I feel ashamed to be a coconut, sometimes(white on the inside, brown on the outside....) Someday, I shall conquer this language...someday

Man, I love off-topicness....
my back hurts...

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #59 on: March 27, 2007, 03:21:24 am
God help me if I go blind...
Dude, I was thinking about what I'd do if I went blind the other day...
I'd probably live the rest of my life in a deep, deep depression.
I mean seriously, all of my talent resides in my eyes.

But wait, I'm a writer, too. I could just learn braille or something.
So I guess it wouldn't be all bad.

Yes, yes it would be all bad. Gone would be the beauty of sunrises and sunsets, and the endorphine rush of jogging along rugged mountain trails and their accompanying vistas, and I would never learn to paint. At least nothing realistic. Maybe some crazy abstract nothingnesses. But I hate that kind of art, so I guess that'd make me a hypocrate.

I could always resort to blind-fu and become a superhero. (Daredevil.)

...yeah, so pretty much life would suck. Ass.

I pray I never go blind.
Or deaf.
Or mute.
Or an amputee.
Dude, not my arms. Never my arms. Then I wouldn't be able to draw or write. Someone kill me if I become a blind amputee.

Y' know, I've never done a collab. At least not a non-communal one. C'mon, someone, one-on-one time.
Collab, anyone?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:33:11 am by Xion »