AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 243939 times)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 03:08:38 am
Boston Symphony Hall is amazing.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 03:42:08 am
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070303.html <--- Pretty neat.

This website is probably one of my favorites. I guess it's the cosmos freak in me.  ::)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 07:47:20 am
   Honestly, I suck with Photoshop. It's slowly pissing me off. I'm trying to get used to it, but it becomes so damn frustrating trying to get around it's "wonderful, new features." For some reason, I can't save a file for web viewing. If I try to make a photoshop file into a gif, or png file, it freezes. I have to use task manager to destroy that mother. I'm trying to upload a wip of a photoshop image on the off topic npa thread, so I can grab some handy-dandy advice, and get some of the small issues out of the way. The only way I can do so, is if I copy the image, and paste it on to mspaint( masochistic, maybe, but I still love the old gal...). This brings us to problem numero dos: I can't seem to merge the layers, and copy the whole thing onto paint. It only pastes the layer that was active in the file. If I go back into the photoshop file, and paste the copied image unto the desired background, it creates a whole new layer simultaneously with the image. Anger rouses me about, in an utmost flabbergasted fashion....I hate it.
   Then again, I did download the pirated version from my bros cpu. But it never acted this way before with the saving and freezing. Any suggestions, or am I not being specific enough? Any one else experience the same issue?
my back hurts...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #43 on: March 25, 2007, 12:21:42 pm
Reinstall photoshop.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 12:10:19 am
I just saw Babel last night. It was so full of misery. I actually cried during the parts towards the end. I seriously haven't done that in awhile. Good movie, yes, but too many bad decisions being made in one film. It's worse than reality, for me at least. :-I
I got to the part where the guy kills the chicken and the boy just looks shocked. Then I thought "This is way too fucking sad already." Maybe I'll try finishing it. It's really slow to start off with which was bad because at the time I was trying to get time to go by faster.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 01:24:29 am
I thought Babel was boring. Saw Blood Diamond and thought that was really good.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 09:33:07 am
I saw Blood Diamond tonight and really liked it. Powerful film.

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 02:43:00 pm
My boyfriend didn't allow me to watch Blood Diamond and made us watch a different movie ^^;;;;;
Of course now, I must go see it by myself...

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 03:31:03 pm
Ugh.. I just caught a really bad cold.  I had so much I wanted to get accomplished this week too.  :'(

Anything I work on art-wise just seems half assed right now cause I don't have the energy to do a proper job.

/bitching

-Fry

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 05:16:45 pm
Anybody out there ever tried writing a brew game, particularly with OpenGL ES?  We're about to start a new project and any words of wisdom before I dive in in a week or so would be greatly appreciated...

Take tips off of this peice.

in all seriousness though, if there is anything to remember about a brew game, it's to balance time with atmosphere with capability. 

get work done, but dont be a slavedriver, particularly of yourself.  if you and your coworkers arent getting payed, then you have to make it relaxed.  if you want a product, you have to work for it.  lead by example; do your own parts (programming, I gather) and everyone else (music, graphics, writing, etc) will follow because nobody wants to be the unproductive part of the team.  Don't plan beyond your means, this will lead to a frustrating grind that wont produce results.  OpenGL ES has very few restrictions, but make sure that you know them!  Also know your own restictions.  Dont plan enough work for 12 years, you wont get it done fast enough to be worth it.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.