AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 243986 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #650 on: June 10, 2007, 01:45:46 pm
whilst vehicles and ships were fun to build, i was more of an architect.  I love the medieval lego, and spent countless hours making various castles and dungeons.

This one time me and my buddy (i think he goes by artisan on these boards) covered his whole floor with a giant city.  Man i miss being a kid....

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #651 on: June 10, 2007, 01:48:44 pm
Oh ya i had the huge ninja set too : http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=6093_1&v=z

Offline Snippa

• View Profile

Reply #652 on: June 10, 2007, 01:56:14 pm
whilst vehicles and ships were fun to build, i was more of an architect.  I love the medieval lego, and spent countless hours making various castles and dungeons.

This one time me and my buddy (i think he goes by artisan on these boards) covered his whole floor with a giant city.  Man i miss being a kid....
That's nuts, I think the biggest building I ever made was a bit of a copy of the Bunker in Goldeneye 007... not a complete copy, but it had the basic layout. I was fortunate enough to have scored a large gray base plate (or ground.. whatever) from a friend in a trade, that allowed me to build that. I really didn't have enough ground pieces like that to build much of anything, but then even if I did, I woulda had no where to put them :P

I had most of the stuff I built just on a large desk that I had at the time... Back then I imagined having a room dedicated to a universe of legos when I have kids... who knows, maybe I will, if i ever get a big enough house and the money to afford the legos lol

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #653 on: June 10, 2007, 02:00:45 pm
by time im 21 and i have a house all the legos will be like $10 for the ones that came out this and last year and $0.79 for the old ones ;D

Offline Snippa

• View Profile

Reply #654 on: June 10, 2007, 02:05:45 pm
Can you even find the old ones anymore though?
I noticed that site I got the box shots from showed that Lego rereleased some of the sets a few years ago, but I doubt that you can find them on store shelves anymore. You would either have to find them on Ebay, special order them from Lego, or find a site that has a huge stock pile of old legos.

If anyone knows of a site that actually does have a stock pile of old legos, let me know... I may just want to build that universe (or multiverse...  :crazy:) one day. lol

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #655 on: June 10, 2007, 02:34:22 pm
every islanders, a few undersea (i recognize that set) every wild west, every OLD knights, every space, every alien, most of the treasure hunting..  the last ones i bought were those mars ones and i think some star-wars ones.

and of course there were the huge piles of misc bricks and the old ones.

I only saved the large boxes tho, the rest were recycled.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #656 on: June 10, 2007, 02:40:01 pm
I doubt you have all old knight sets Adarias: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Castle

There's some obscure stuff in there, and some of it is pretty expensive...

If you do, can I come over and play? To hell if I'm 21, I love those knight sets...

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #657 on: June 10, 2007, 03:07:51 pm
my friend made a replica of Helm's Deep using 2000 legos, and 100 gamoranian legos for orcs, and alot of the medievil peices of men and elves :crazy:
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #658 on: June 10, 2007, 03:49:56 pm
Legos, I used to play with them all the time with my little brother.
I just checked ebay..I think I have over $2000 worth of legos :o Never knew it would be so expensive...
I don't understand why all the starwars stuff is so expensive though..

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #659 on: June 10, 2007, 05:16:19 pm

I don't understand why all the starwars stuff is so expensive though..

anything star wars is collectable.