AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 243940 times)

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #570 on: June 01, 2007, 03:16:03 am
- i wanted to study some of the nice tiling and the interesting use of low poly 3d for the environments
???
whenever I play pearl, all I notice is the tiling errors and ugly sprite resizing :(

indeed.   ::) :ouch:

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #571 on: June 01, 2007, 03:36:14 pm
I know some of you guys are into older b&w comics and pulp art, so I wanted to let you know that I just got Vol. 1 of Xenozoic Tales, and its totally friggin sweet.  That's it!

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #572 on: June 01, 2007, 11:52:52 pm
got a new mouse and a nice USB extension cable :D :y:
and I just gave the dog a bath, it's funny, she'll struggle for the first ten minutes, then lie back and just relax, then she plays dead and it's hard to get her out of the water
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 11:55:29 pm by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #573 on: June 01, 2007, 11:56:29 pm
which is why you should get cats - they clean themselves!

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #574 on: June 02, 2007, 12:07:14 am
we just gave our cats some of that stuff in their fur, we think they might have fleas, plus one of our cat's just had this big swollen thing on his jaw popped by the vet, apparently it was full of basically shit...
so now I never want to touch that cat again, our other cat is alright tho
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #575 on: June 02, 2007, 03:30:18 am
I definitely think that the appeal in Pokemon is that of a collector, I mean you go around capturing these little monster things, each one with its own different abilities and a huge variety of different moves, and each one has the capability of being BOSS with hard training. 

[geek]

Oh, IMO the best Pokemon games were:

Gold/Silver
+ An easy number of Pokemon to handle, much better graphics and so much cool stuff to do, plus when you beat one region, there's A WHOLE OTHER ONE.  That was kickass.
- OMG, that frickin' box system was so annoying to operate ("before withdrawing a Pokemon you need to save your game...there is already a save file, is it OK to overwrite?...SAVING, DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER...You saved the game." and over again)

FireRed/LeafGreen
+ All the simplicity of the originals, plus much better graphics/gameplay than those monstrosities, Ruby and Sapphire
- Eventually you trade with Ruby and Sapphire and HAVE TO GET ALL OF THOSE STUPID POKEMON!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #576 on: June 02, 2007, 04:07:29 am
Gotta watch the cats with those fleas, they'll lick their fur and can get worms in their intestines. That's what happened to our cat when we pulled him from the streets. THAT was disgusting, and I felt so bad 'cause he was just a kitten and everyone was neglecting to touch him and just left him by himself because he'd leave little worms on you.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #577 on: June 02, 2007, 10:52:11 pm
Luckily our cat has no problems. Other than having an obsession to open closed doors. If the doors are open she has no interest in going to any other place than the livingroom and hallway, but if i close some door it'll be five minutes and she'll try to get in. There's the usual cat things on top of that. You know, dropping everything from the tables and so forth.

On a completely unrelated note, just had to get this one  ;D :

...or actually a whole lot of those. There was a clearance sale of the classic series cause the new transformers movie toys are coming, so in addition to a few movie bots i got a handful of classic series, which are remakes of G1 toys.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #578 on: June 02, 2007, 11:06:02 pm
niiiice score huzba!  the classic series was always marked up before, if they're cheap now that's a good deal :D  i'll keep an eye out!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #579 on: June 03, 2007, 12:02:13 am
We formally request Adam to post lego-creations.