AuthorTopic: my avatar  (Read 11329 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: my avatar

Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 02:43:24 pm

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 03:01:28 pm
That is the additive colourwheel, the other one is subtractive. Both are valid.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline mirage

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 09:28:14 pm
Thanks Sharm and Gil, your initial comments were a lot more useful to me at this point than all the big ugly colourwheels

Offline mirage

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 08:30:06 pm
Latest version, with an improved animation:

(Wait for it, it blinks... eventually... wait for it... now!)

Took one colour out and put another one back in for smoother shading, added wrinkels around the eyes and mouth, fixed first bend after the loop on the ribbon, etc.

Don't want to go overboard on the animation, as i think avatars should not move too much since they can destract from the actual posts

I also don't want to drag on a thread with 'i added a pixel here and there', so this is it... i'm reasonably happy with it... on to a more elaborate animation next, i think

Thanks for all your help, appreciated
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 08:34:47 pm by mirage »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 11:01:58 pm
I think it would be cool if, he blinked once, then when his eyes opened he was looking at the viewer, then wait a sec, blink again, then close his eyes for good.
If he is already supposed to be looking at the viewer, I get the feeling he's looking over my head, at some spot on the ceiling.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 09:29:25 am
There is one thing that has been bugging me since I first saw this thread, but the highlights on the purple curves, are placed in such way that the curves themselves look rather flat and angular (hope you get what I mean)
I'm specially looking at the top ribbon loop highlight, top of the purple half highlight, and that curve next to the silver cheek.
I think if you add some color in between the lightest and second lightest pink to smooth them out it'd be solved (also the highlights could pixelled differently so they aren't just on the higher points of the curve, but they could drop on the sides aswell)

As for the animation, I think (again in my opinion) it should stay with the eyes closed and ocasionally open them (like every 30-60 seconds) instead of that often.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 10:00:11 am
For animation maybe something like this.... spying and little smiles more (like you do this, just s bit more up corner lips)  ;D Face too much serious in my opinion

See on avatar of Helm - he is serious man and guru on pixel, but his nervous eye and lip make me smiles - "one more word and you will DIE!" ;) . It's very good! Not to offend you Helm.