AuthorTopic: Help!  (Read 12062 times)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Help!

Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 08:51:43 pm
Don't shout at me. I used it as a refrence. Thats what i got told to do to get better. So if you arent going to help, please dont post in here again

If you are going to copy other people's pixel art without crediting them and without bothering to learn the fundamentals, and do nothing but pester people about software that has a manual and extensive coverage in the pixelation tutorials, then I would suggest that YOU don't post in here again.  If you don't want to hear tough feedback, then this is probably not the right board for you.  If you think advice isn't helpful, then this definitely isn't the right board for you.

Your piece is so full of pillowshading and unplanned detail that it is very clear you are just copying someone else's stuff, and not even studying the parts that they shaded properly, much less thinking about the structure and trying to improve on their work.  My comments were intended to derail this approach to "art".  If you want to make art, observe REAL LIFE, PHOTOGRAPHS, and the TECHNIQUES OF PROFESSIONALS to guide you, not random half-finished pieces that will perpetuate the bad habits you've already formed.

Also, if someone told you to look at Grindie's piece for reference, then A) they simply shouldn't have said that, and B) you clearly should not have listened to them.  If you are unable to tell even what you should be emulating, then you have some serious thinking and studying to do.  Sketch, paint, practice, and above all THINK.  These are the things that will further your skills and talents!

Offline Tyler-Kun

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 08:53:10 pm
Right Ok. I am doing my own right now!

Offline Tyler-Kun

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 04:29:21 pm
[WIP]
C+C Needed

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 02:14:27 am
Sky isn't that bad, but those rocks are WAY too pillowshaded.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 08:59:10 am
About rocks (underground) - paint this as on link, which I am give you (mirage post some work from Henk Nieborg). Rocks have more sharp corner, but you paint smooth too much this (i have similar problem  ;D ).
And if you want learn paint rocks - just take a SIMPLE task from youself - paint cube and do from him a rock, to rest upon lessons and comments another people.
Now you repaint work another people, but in there too much detail, which you not can paint, not for a while yet.
And for understand form different objects paint simple thing (apple, tree, table, stone), maybe now paint picture it is too early?
It's just my advice to you, not to do offend you!
If you do this you will make personal style and technics, with help another people and their technics.