AuthorTopic: Galaga Gets a Visit from Zee  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Galaga Gets a Visit from Zee

on: March 31, 2007, 04:35:52 pm
Considering I've had a total lack of inspiration lately [despite that now I have time, go figure], I figure I'd take a game I love and see what I could do to modernize it.

Galaga... I've probably sunk about $50 into the arcade machines before I was 12, and now that it's on my GBA, I play it all the time.

C&C please.

Offline Teknogames

• Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com
    • View Profile
    • Teknopants.com

Re: Galaga Gets a Visit from Zee

Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:23:11 am
I think the colors should contrast more, and they are kind of pillow shaded. Also i think you should make some more creative changes other than pretty much just enlarging the shapes.
Indie Game Dev - http://teknopants.com

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:21:00 pm
Hm, this time around I don't exactly want to make too many creative changes. Thanks for the help, it's been noted and I'll come back later on with a better version.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:07:45 pm by Zee »

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 06:52:44 pm
I thought the colors looked kind of drab, I made a pallete edit. I probably over-saturated them abit, but it gives them more pop.

also correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't galaga on a black background, with the enemies facing downwards? It doesn't really matter much, but I think its better to design sprites in positions/backgrounds relevant to them.

there is also the issue of the weird shading, and head positions, but I haven't really touched on that so meh.