AuthorTopic: bored junk  (Read 7532 times)

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

bored junk

on: October 16, 2005, 03:50:25 pm
get very bored!

<-----free to color if you like
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 07:29:57 pm by Zach »
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Re: bored junk

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 10:24:53 pm
>.> here's an update on that mecha

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:35:31 pm
Why is Naruto so popular recently?  I saw the entire first season about 2 years ago or even more.  I’m saying not just on the forums, in school all the manga buffs just recently started reading it.  WTF!!  Its rather good because I can ruin the ending for them… he he he…
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:45:39 pm
nonono!!! don't ruin the ending... lol

i really don't care, i just like the manga and the characters, the show blows >.>
but yah, any CnC on this stuff, i'd like to know if anyone has any idea's that would maybe benefit these\

now i really need some CnC, i'm getting kinda lost now, specially with the lighting, any help on that?
and i can't figure out how the gun should be finished T_T
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 11:46:34 pm by Zach »

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 02:05:08 am
i didnt like the mech lines that much at first, but now im all horny considering you coloured it.
alexander

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 06:28:15 pm
here's a zombie

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 11:38:37 pm
The colored version is awesome!
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 11:45:15 pm
The first sketches with the naruto character are all solid, and represent great knowledge in how to re-use color, ace work, but again i see that pose you love recurring.
As previously satated, the mech liens made me wary, but those metal highlights came out really well, you've inspired me to try some wacky metal object in the near future.

The Zombie is solid as well, but looks a tad too healthy in my oppinion. Try hueshifting in a little green or gray, blue andp urple could work too to make a sickly pasty skin-tone.
Don't forget rotting flesh with som gaping wounds (my personal preference for zombies)
a red/purple palette with yellow or orange speculars on those might be something neat to try.

get bored mroe often  ;)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 11:30:57 pm
wow, very very good call on that double 1-pixel width linear highlight wrapping the mech from both sides, it meshes really really well with the lineart style, and quite frankly I dont think nobody ever made simple 1-pixel width outlines look so good in pixelart, just apply some of it on that gun of his.

I like what you got going on in the zombie guy too, although I think he would be more freaky if he were some sort of a psycho salesman whacking you with his wonderfull inventive products or something.

nice that you made a little experiment on dithered outlines in that little smoke thingy (do I see Mslug influence?), but it lacks some more varied spacing to be interesting, evenly spaced dots dont really make for an interesting effect.

you see, the concept behind this is trying to depict sub-pixel width whitout resortin to any extra colors, and using te opposite of jaggies to do that.

when you go and un-jaggify an outline this is what you do, you remove one pixel from a portion in which the line is supposed to turn so that the line becomes a 1-pixel wide line, instead of a somewhat 1.5 pixels wide line.

the concept here, is to fake a line with a sub-pixel width, so instead of just removing the jaggy, it goes on and removes another pixel, and maybe another pixel in the next turn, and then more and more, until it's just dots at what would be the turning points of each section of the line.

of course, if this was all that was going on it wouldnt be a very rich effect, but once you understand this is what you are supposed to be doing, you'll have an idea of where you are trying to go with this, and you'll know where to place all the dots to help strengthen that effect
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:17:24 am by Camus »

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 01:42:54 am
wow, very very good call on that double 1-pixel width linear highlight wrapping the mech from both sides, it meshes really really well with the lineart style, and quite frankly I dont think nobody ever made simple 1-pixel width outlines look so good in pixelart, just apply some of it on that gun of his.

ty! and this was my frist time using double lightsource stuff like this :D
I like what you got going on in the zombie guy too, although I think he would be more freaky if he were some sort of a psycho salesman whacking you with his wonderfull inventive products or something.
:D i would but this is the from a poster from the new version of "dawn of the dead"

nice that you made a little experiment on dithered outlines in that little smoke thingy (do I see Mslug influence?), but it lacks some more varied spacing to be interesting, evenly spaced dots dont really make for an interesting effect.

you see, the concept behind this is trying to depict sub-pixel width whitout resortin to any extra colors, and using te opposite of jaggies to do that.

when you go and un-jaggify an outline this is what you do, you remove one pixel from a portion in which the line is supposed to turn so that the line becomes a 1-pixel wide line, instead of a somewhat 1.5 pixels wide line.

the concept here, is to fake a line with a sub-pixel width, so instead of just removing the jaggy, it goes on and removes another pixel, and maybe another pixel in the next turn, and then more and more, until it's just dots at what would be the turning points of each section of the line.

of course, if this was all that was going on it wouldnt be a very rich effect, but once you understand this is what you are supposed to be doing, you'll have an idea of where you are trying to go with this, and you'll know where to place all the dots to help strengthen that effect

I love your nice crit, but i kinda got lost at this part a little, could you try and maybe give me an example of what you meant by this, to further my understanding of what you said :D!

Offline ptps

• I is n00b. ph33r me. Now.
    • View Profile
    • PTPS/gallery

Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 05:25:56 am
Holy crap, I love your use of colors. Especially that on the mecha, and on the Naruto chibi. &hearts;