AuthorTopic: Haven't done one in a while so...  (Read 2306 times)

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Haven't done one in a while so...

on: March 29, 2007, 03:11:36 am
ok, I just realized that i'm slowly becoming a lurker- not good for me!
So I did a quick pixel to keep myself up to date. nothing much, just enough to keep you guys thinking of me :D

Realize: I made the first and then blue came along.

Edit: i think i clicked twice. mods please delete my second topic.

~thanks

C&C appreciated
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 03:56:03 am by gliding »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Haven't done one in a while so...

Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 04:14:25 am
This is pretty cool.  I like the experimental color choices you're using.  I think there is a few issues however.
The first thing I noticed is that the green and the brown hues nearly mix; I think you could raise the saturation a bit on the green to more effectively use color.
Another part that really bugs me is the top right corner of the piece; for one, it is way to straight and angled, which gives is a very pointy effect--maybe round that off a bit.  Secondly, I think the intense highlight here is a bit much...I'd at least tone it down to the green hue.
Lastly, I'd like to point out that the last two purple colors before black are nearly identical--personally, I'd make the darkest color a more saturated purple, but that's "what everybody does"  ::)  It's really up to you though, just thought I'd point out the lack of contrast between these colors.
Aside from that though, I like the folds you've achieved, and the face is spot on in my book.
Good stuff.  :y: Keep pixelling!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Re: Haven't done one in a while so...

Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 10:18:41 am
Thanks Ry, do you think i should scrap the blue entirely for a green? Or just tone it done some more.