AuthorTopic: Wii Got Fliis - A Wii Flash Game WIP  (Read 10372 times)

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Re: Wii Got Fliis - A Wii Flash Game WIP

Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 11:47:46 pm
I was surprised at how good this looks in 3x. Awesome stuff. Some vegetation wouldn't hurt though.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 12:35:08 am
Some vegetation wouldn't hurt though.

100% correct - i have tried like 6 or 7 versions of green stuff  (just erased 2 more like a minute ago) and still no success, but that is definitely in the plans, as long as I can not screw it up too bad :P  thanks guys

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 03:07:12 am
tbh i would never buy a wii game that had 3x pixel graphics...

tbh, I would never base my decisions on games on the graphics.

this looks great, the only thing that really bugs me about it is the flat/squareness of the pipes. Perhaps make the hero 8 pixels bigger? Also the rocks really stand out, but I can't tell if they are meant to be foreground or background objects. If they are foreground make them abit more square so it doesn't look odd when they're walked upon, if background, maybe dull them abit, as they really pop out like that.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 09:00:13 am
Coming neat, huge improvement overall.
Can't wait to see the fleas on the mockup
(Which makes me wonder, are they going to be pink and blue like on the previous mockups?)

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 04:40:20 pm

Maybe suggest the inside of the pipe is cylindrical?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 01:40:17 am
the highlight you have on the rocks below the hole is throwing me visually with the rest fo the light and environment.  the sides of the light go straight down, so in order for there to be shapr highlights, those rocks must be directly underneath the hole.  but they arent, because that's where the character is standing.  huh??  if anything, those rocks should have less definition, because the light would be hitting all of the dust in the air (as evidenced by the beam) and the eye would need to look through that light to see the rocks behind, which still cannot be at an angle to directly reflect the lightsource given the angle of the beam.  the rocks outside the beam can stay clear, since the dust in the air around them would be mostly invisible when it isnt being struck by light.

of course, none of the lighting makes any sense to begin with, but its just in that particular case the rocks need to be behind the character visually, and they are not.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.