AuthorTopic: Weird portrait  (Read 9625 times)

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Re: Weird portrait

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 06:08:16 pm
sorry, I didnt know you were a mod  :-[

dont think it'll help you cause i made it to look like the photo...

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 12:02:29 am
looks like something you could slip into kenneth fejer's galery and ppl would take a while to notice.
i'd just beef up the contrast on the face.

Kazuya
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 01:15:09 am
I'm confused about what helm said, cause I don't really understand half the stuff he says because he is so high above my level :-[ I'm not sure what he means by traditionally created pixel art, so I wont say anything.
Just about everything has been said, but I want to know if he is supposed to look like he is squinting. Also, the hair highlights dont seem to go with the shape of the hair. Thats all though, good job.
I.....am......me............

Offline ptps

• I is n00b. ph33r me. Now.
    • View Profile
    • PTPS/gallery

Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 06:52:25 pm
Looks good to me :D I like the structure and form of the head.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 12:11:06 am
what the hell was that Helm? yes, yes I do? and justifying your behavior with you being a mod? since when is this a place where mods must be respected just because? Filax was actually right, you shouldnt be littering the forum like that with your random discomfort, if you thought he was doing some form of piracy or lying you SHOULD have made it trough pm, I think you were quite obviously being an ass.

Cremated Pumpkin, actually very little of what Helm said had anything to do with the topic, he was just bashing the creator of the topic in public because he gets kicks out of it as he accepted himself, only the"oh: BTW" part is about the sprite, and frankly I dont understand what he meant when he used the computer term "buffer" either, but I do know his comment is limited to optimizing the pallete.

I think the picture is pretty good, I think you do have something going on there with the way the rectangular shape of his eyes paralel to his mouth, makes him feel extremely bored but also mentally active because of the squinting, his skinstone is a bit too red for my tastes, I would add a bit of desaturated yellow, and I think I would also add a bit of yellow on the hair, specially the highlight.

The highlight is also a bit too regular in it's shape, you should make it a bit more......wiggly for the lack of a better word, to make the hair look less like it's wrapped in a thick layer of hairgel.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 01:46:55 am
i think that you could maybe aslo change the shirt... add some more color to it by maybe saturating they grey some more or making the shirt a different color, also your lightsource is a little inconsistent, you have some light on the face to the left but not on the right, where you have a major highlight on the right side of the hair...

just some simple crits! :D
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 02:04:27 am
only the"oh: BTW" part is about the sprite, and frankly I dont understand what he meant when he used the computer term "buffer" either, but I do know his comment is limited to optimizing the pallete.

a buffer shade is a shade you use between two other shades. It's a form of antialias, but more limited and used to smooth out between stuff, not to create subpixel effects. And he's wasting a few of them.

As to what's going on, why don't you go browse pixeljoint for people who blatantly repixel photographs or even just colourreduce them and get called omg pixel gawds and see why I'm so fervent to keep that stuff outside of pixelation. Even a bit more in public than usual. You'll come back here with renewed perspective...

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 03:34:11 am
what the hell was that Helm? yes, yes I do? and justifying your behavior with you being a mod? since when is this a place where mods must be respected just because? Filax was actually right, you shouldnt be littering the forum like that with your random discomfort, if you thought he was doing some form of piracy or lying you SHOULD have made it trough pm, I think you were quite obviously being an ass.

Cremated Pumpkin, actually very little of what Helm said had anything to do with the topic, he was just bashing the creator of the topic in public because he gets kicks out of it as he accepted himself, only the"oh: BTW" part is about the sprite, and frankly I dont understand what he meant when he used the computer term "buffer" either, but I do know his comment is limited to optimizing the pallete.

I think the picture is pretty good, I think you do have something going on there with the way the rectangular shape of his eyes paralel to his mouth, makes him feel extremely bored but also mentally active because of the squinting, his skinstone is a bit too red for my tastes, I would add a bit of desaturated yellow, and I think I would also add a bit of yellow on the hair, specially the highlight.

The highlight is also a bit too regular in it's shape, you should make it a bit more......wiggly for the lack of a better word, to make the hair look less like it's wrapped in a thick layer of hairgel.

dont be so rude camus, we are allowed to have fun here.
alexander

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 05:50:41 am
mm.. it seems to me that helm's initial comment derailed most of the focus of this thread (which is the image in the first post).
I say we get back on topic, and if helm wants to rub his views on filax, he can do it in private messages.

as for the sprite, It looks very kenneth fejer looking, which has been said bbefore.
It has nice crisp look to everything, and the colors a nicely vibrant and work well together..
i almost expect to see a bit of an ear poke out on the side of his face, but perhaps it would be un-needed.