AuthorTopic: [Feedback][WIP]Grassy Platform  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Mekeninzo

• View Profile

[Feedback][WIP]Grassy Platform

on: September 10, 2019, 04:52:04 pm
Trying hard to make some grass that fits this rock platform. Remade the grass over 3 times and I can't seem to get it to look right. Any ideas?

Offline Mistajaye

• Jason Andrew Buividas
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • https://t.me/pump_upp
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

Re: [Feedback][WIP]Grassy Platform

Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 09:55:48 pm

Hey hey First off. I dig the Color Composition my Man, And the Rocks are spot on! All I did waz sum Cel-Shading yo and I added 2 colors of shades of darkness and all that all to bring them POPPING out. Cannot wait to see the final Product, Keep up the Excellent work yo no doubt. And I hope this helps.

~J.A.B it [^_^]_/]]]] < Just JAB it! )

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 11:50:16 pm
Just noticed that this thread was created a couple of months ago, whoops. But here I tried an edit for you -

The second style of grass down was your best I think, they most suited the style of the rocks. No harsh dark lines running through them. I used that as a jumping off point. Rather than trying to render the individual blades of grass, which can get very noisy at this size, I thought about how long grass sometimes clumps together in a pleasing way. I also added a shadow cast by the grass on the rocks.

Then I did a little AA and stuff on the rocks to smoothen them out a bit, like I changed the large rock at the bottom so that it doesn't look like it's being lit from below anymore. Hope it helps if you see it!

Offline Mistajaye

• Jason Andrew Buividas
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • https://t.me/pump_upp
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 12:45:47 am
Wooowerz Probo! Very Nice, Very Nice indeed my Man. I like your version the best.