AuthorTopic: How much does tile size matter do you?  (Read 7641 times)

Offline Schwee

• SchweeDubulus
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

How much does tile size matter do you?

on: September 02, 2019, 01:18:21 am
I see it in almost every single wanted ad for pixel artists.  They ALWAYS seem to mention tile size, often times not even showing any samples.  How important is tile size to you when you're considering joining a project? 

For me, it does not mean much at all.  Smaller tiles will generally mean less work per asset but it's not like it changes if I can work or not.
Looking to collaborate.  Hit me up, especially if you are a GM programmer, or if you just have some sweet ideas.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: How much does tile size matter do you?

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 01:28:44 am
Tile size matters to me, as I tend to ignore projects requiring large tile sizes (and large asset sizes in general) as they usually require more time than I can commit, and are often associated with styles I'm not interested in doing.

Style is just as important as size though, and I completely ignore project posts that don't include indication of the style they're looking for. If someone doesn't communicate that sort of thing in their post, then there's a good chance I'll have a difficult time communicating with them during the project, and I don't want that hassle.