AuthorTopic: [WIP] variouse shoot em up stuff... NOW WITH MORE GOO!  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: [WIP] variouse shoot em up stuff... NOW WITH MORE GOO!

Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 02:19:31 am
It's still out of perspective, it looks head on. I'm not sure how to fix it though...

The grass starts very sudden, but with a good level designer it would be managable. Grass doesn't grow in patches unless it's obviously in different soil than the thing next to it...

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 06:45:00 pm
Maybe where you're from.  From what I've seen, grass always grows in patches (except for maybe that ugly single stalk stuff, and even then it usually grows in the middle of something), expecially in a harsh environment.  That clay looks pretty harsh.

I think all you need to put that blob into perpsective is put on of the very front tenticles into the ground and darken the very back a bit.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 07:27:51 pm
It's still out of perspective, it looks head on. I'm not sure how to fix it though...

The grass starts very sudden, but with a good level designer it would be managable. Grass doesn't grow in patches unless it's obviously in different soil than the thing next to it...

it really doesn't look that different from our backyard right now...but regardless I agree, I think it would be nice to see some larger vegetation - maybe some ferns or some like bush that is partly taken over by the goo, that could help incorporate the green hues into areas that aren't just the grass.  This stuff is lookin beautiful, I can't wait to play this!