AuthorTopic: [WIP] [CC] Low Poly Pixel Art Sci-Fi Vehicles  (Read 4848 times)

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

[WIP] [CC] Low Poly Pixel Art Sci-Fi Vehicles

on: April 16, 2020, 03:14:22 am
Hey everyone! I'd really appreciate comments and feedback on this project. So I was working on a 3D pixel street and thought it looked really empty. A cop car suited my needs, so I quickly made this thing. Unfortunately, I only noticed the "proportions" of the car were off after I finished. It looks like it's a tight squeeze for people in the front and the back.

Opinions? Is there a future where such a skinny, short SUV would exist? Should I continue this or scrap it? There's no lighting in the scene. All the lighting/shading is done in texture. I tried moving some points around to make the vehicle wider but it's too "complete". I don't hate it but I'm going to try again. Either another cop car or a sci-fi dump truck!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:18:17 am by heyguy »

Offline MadByte

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] [CC] Low Poly Pixel Art Sci-Fi Vehicles

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 08:04:06 pm
I don't see this particular 3D art style very often - my first thought was "looks exactly like Compound", a game I play in VR sometimes.

I think it's not bad - the police lights on the roof could be bigger imo and the cargo space (?) looks to small compared to the front of the car.

I think your "3D pixel street" could use some work though ;D