AuthorTopic: [WIP] Be brutal - Its my first  (Read 2832 times)

Offline therealmikeg

• View Profile

[WIP] Be brutal - Its my first

on: March 25, 2007, 10:38:49 pm

This is my first piece of animated pixelation.  Be brutal and critique away!  :D

***EDIT***
Changed subject to show that this is now a WIP.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:35:37 pm by therealmikeg »

Offline Hedgehog

• AVOCADOMG
    • View Profile

Re: Be brutal - Its my first

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 02:03:27 pm
I'm no expert, but here goes...

I cant really give much criticism about the sprite itself.
The animation isn't very smooth. Is it walking/hopping? Do you have a frame restriction?

Here's something you could do if you don't:
it's not a very good animation, I know. It's actually terrible. I'm just trying to point out that your animation looks very stiff and unnatural. Yup, basically fixing that problem means redrawing each frame, or taking time modifying it, but it's worth it.

Is your light source meant to be coming from the top right or the right? Surely the big head would cast a shadow on the rest of the body? Especially mid-hop, where it falls over in front of the eye. Right now it just looks like a shifting painting. Bring it to life!

Anyway, it's a nice character. I would be surprised if a 1up mushroom started runnin at me :P
Life's a garden. Dig it.

Offline therealmikeg

• View Profile

Re: Be brutal - Its my first

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:34:32 pm
...fixing that problem means redrawing each frame, or taking time modifying it, but it's worth it.

I agree entirely.  Its hard to get good crits from one's wife, so its nice to get great suggestions.  Thanks very much.  Now I have work to do.

Nose, meet grindstone.