AuthorTopic: Photoshop Colour Problem  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Photoshop Colour Problem

on: March 23, 2007, 04:24:06 pm
For some reason the images I save never appear the same as the pallette I was working with in Photoshop.  They usually end up much darker and garish than how it appeared while I was working on it.  It's annoying having to constantly adjust the colours in photoshop so that they look how they should outside of the program and when I upload them onto the net.  It has nothing to do with the format i'm saving the files, any format will appear lighter than it actually should... and it's only with photoshop. 

Just wondering if anyone knows a solution to possibly unify the colour settings for Photoshop and all other applications/viewers?

Thanks,

-Fry 

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Re: Photoshop Colour Problem

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:44:04 pm
It sounds like you've got photoshop set up for print, not on screen work.  There's a way to change that in the options, but I can't remember how to do it, and I'm not on my computer to check.  I'll get back to you as soon as I get a chance to find where that option is.  In the mean time, maybe you could play around and find it.

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 08:59:48 pm
Thank you!

While i was looking for it I found that for some reason it had a de-saturate setting in my colour options set to 20% and the photoshop colour settings were not those of my monitor. 

Hopefully this'll make a big difference!

Thanks again!

-Fry

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:25:29 pm
I didn't know you could do that, (or why you'd want to).  Glad you found it!

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:04:55 pm
Strange thing is that I don't remember playing around with any photoshop settings at any point... perhaps intoxication played a factor, I guess i'll never know. 

It seems alright now which is what matters.  :D