AuthorTopic: Attack Animations  (Read 10388 times)

Offline Schwee

• SchweeDubulus
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Attack Animations

Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 04:57:02 pm
For the record, loving these!  Well animated and lots of character shown in each movement!
Looking to collaborate.  Hit me up, especially if you are a GM programmer, or if you just have some sweet ideas.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 05:59:49 am
I think it's more the pose when he kicks isn't back enough, you might have a better time if you set the leg up hard-vertical instead of at a 45 degree angle like it is

Definitely more in line with what I was thinking of!

For the record, loving these!  Well animated and lots of character shown in each movement!

^.^

Offline imonk

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/143294.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 10:00:52 am
Awesome stuff, you're pretty consistent with your work schedule. I think you have the leg angle correct now but the chaos ball was good how it was originally. I think when the ball is too close to the leg, the kick lacks anticipation.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 05:24:56 am

I originally tried to make it wrap around his foot a bit, but I went ahead and added the sparks when he makes contact.

And managed to throw this together pretty fast!  Probably one of my favorite things I've made in recent memory; the movement is definitely a bit more dynamic than what I've made, and it all came together pretty naturally when I was making it. 

Offline SilverBrick

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 03:52:13 am

Wanted to summon ghosts and wound up focusing on two separate motions that had different speeds.  The clutch is supposed to be slow until the grip, while the drawing is supposed to be incredibly fast.  I'm very happy with the magic circle, but I'm still wondering about the other side; I couldn't really decide what I wanted her to be doing, and that was what looked the best.

I think the left part should spiral in the same direction as the clutch (clockwise), and maybe come upwards from the bottom-left and bottom-right before combining, to mimic the upwards movement of the hand.

By the way, did you purposely use the nonbinary flag's color scheme? If so, I greatly approve.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 01:27:53 am

Had the idea of just launching the heck out of a wagon-ish wheel and wound up with this.  He's supposed to sort of wind up and then lock the wheel before firing it, but I feel like something's off and I'm not sure what.  The hand sort of stutters, maybe?  The launch also doesn't feel as powerful as I want it to.

Wanted to summon ghosts and wound up focusing on two separate motions that had different speeds.  The clutch is supposed to be slow until the grip, while the drawing is supposed to be incredibly fast.  I'm very happy with the magic circle, but I'm still wondering about the other side; I couldn't really decide what I wanted her to be doing, and that was what looked the best.

I think the left part should spiral in the same direction as the clutch (clockwise), and maybe come upwards from the bottom-left and bottom-right before combining, to mimic the upwards movement of the hand.

I kind of want the hands to look like two totally separate motions, so making them sync up seems against that.  My thought process was drawing spectral energy together, which would just be floating around, so the same with it rising up.  The hand clenching is forcing it together, not raising it out of nothing.  Kinda weird to explain.

By the way, did you purposely use the nonbinary flag's color scheme? If so, I greatly approve.

No, accidental.  The outfit was based on a real one I saw that had a red tartan pattern, so I simplified it to solid purple because color-coding. 

It occurred to me that Pinky's actually nearing the trans flag since she's also a white mage, though she's actually bisexual.  :p

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 02:33:10 am
the movement to him standing back up is too slow, and the throw doesn't have much visual follow-through. Rather than leaning forward to aim the wheel, he should lean back. Creates a more believable "windup."
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 05:49:13 pm
the movement to him standing back up is too slow, and the throw doesn't have much visual follow-through. Rather than leaning forward to aim the wheel, he should lean back. Creates a more believable "windup."

Might go back to the drawing board, then...  He was supposed to lean forward, then sort of lock in like a winch before releasing.  That didn't really translate, plus you barely see the wheel, which was the whole point. 

Instead, legos.  I'm a lot happier with this, but I can't help but feel I either have one too many or one too few frames when she goes upwards. 

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 02:11:19 am
definitely one too few frames on the upswing, it makes hte movement feel a bit jilted/too sudden
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 02:42:57 pm

Added a bit of extra blur to smooth it out, too.