Critique > Pixel Art

Attack Animations

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rosier:

--- Quote from: MysteryMeat on August 02, 2019, 10:45:16 pm ---Would like to suggest an alternate flow for this:

rather than hold his arm bent, instead he first holds the marble out between two fingers then quickly rotates his hand for the marble flick

--- End quote ---

I also added a bit of rubberiness to the thumb.  I felt the flash covered the motion, so thought it might look better with a bit of extra oomph.

daramon:
Just a generally positive response. It definitely looks like the character is rolling a marble or similar between fingers now. Great work.

The thumb work makes me think of LucasArts Monkey Island animations for some reason. Not a bad thing by any means!

Rosier:

Wanted to summon ghosts and wound up focusing on two separate motions that had different speeds.  The clutch is supposed to be slow until the grip, while the drawing is supposed to be incredibly fast.  I'm very happy with the magic circle, but I'm still wondering about the other side; I couldn't really decide what I wanted her to be doing, and that was what looked the best.

Rosier:

Chaos.

I wanted to make something where the character summons up an energy he's forcing together rather than controlling.  It's supposed to be wild and amorphous, and I wanted to make the impact really sell.  It's not quite as powerful as I want it to be, though, but I'm kind of stuck.  I feel like it needs screen shake or something, but I don't know if that's exactly what I'm after.  The hair's also a little inconsistent, but I'm still working on that at least.

MysteryMeat:
I think it's more the pose when he kicks isn't back enough, you might have a better time if you set the leg up hard-vertical instead of at a 45 degree angle like it is

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version