Critique > Pixel Art

Attack Animations

<< < (3/4) > >>

Schwee:
For the record, loving these!  Well animated and lots of character shown in each movement!

Rosier:

--- Quote from: MysteryMeat on October 10, 2019, 06:25:18 pm ---I think it's more the pose when he kicks isn't back enough, you might have a better time if you set the leg up hard-vertical instead of at a 45 degree angle like it is

--- End quote ---

Definitely more in line with what I was thinking of!

--- Quote from: Schwee on October 12, 2019, 04:57:02 pm ---For the record, loving these!  Well animated and lots of character shown in each movement!

--- End quote ---

^.^

imonk:
Awesome stuff, you're pretty consistent with your work schedule. I think you have the leg angle correct now but the chaos ball was good how it was originally. I think when the ball is too close to the leg, the kick lacks anticipation.

Rosier:

I originally tried to make it wrap around his foot a bit, but I went ahead and added the sparks when he makes contact.

And managed to throw this together pretty fast!  Probably one of my favorite things I've made in recent memory; the movement is definitely a bit more dynamic than what I've made, and it all came together pretty naturally when I was making it. 

SilverBrick:

--- Quote from: Rosier on September 10, 2019, 02:34:41 pm ---

Wanted to summon ghosts and wound up focusing on two separate motions that had different speeds.  The clutch is supposed to be slow until the grip, while the drawing is supposed to be incredibly fast.  I'm very happy with the magic circle, but I'm still wondering about the other side; I couldn't really decide what I wanted her to be doing, and that was what looked the best.

--- End quote ---

I think the left part should spiral in the same direction as the clutch (clockwise), and maybe come upwards from the bottom-left and bottom-right before combining, to mimic the upwards movement of the hand.

By the way, did you purposely use the nonbinary flag's color scheme? If so, I greatly approve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version