AuthorTopic: Sugests about my first character  (Read 1892 times)

Offline DarlesLSF

• View Profile

Sugests about my first character

on: July 29, 2019, 09:39:26 pm
Hello all, this is my first character and I need sugestions about the animation, mainly the legs haha. If anyone could help me, I'll appreciate :D

Offline daramon

• View Profile

Re: Sugests about my first character

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 08:53:50 am
I like the upper body, you've got a lot of shape and solidity into a few pixels.

I take it your character is meant to be walking towards the camera. In that case you'll need to add something that suggests movement in 3D space to the legs:

- Bending at the knee, using shadow and angle to get the idea of movement across.
 - Lifting the feet from the ground.

You'll want to make the arms bend as the character walks.

The arms may be just a touch short. Dangle your arms and see how far down your thigh they go.

I may try an edit if I get time. In the meantime, a quick Google search for "walk cycle animation towards camera" should give you a few examples to learn from.

Offline daramon

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 12:21:39 pm
A quick point about this forum: if you want people to easily edit your work, post it at its original size. That's with a 1 to 1 pixel ratio.

If you enlarge the pixels when you export the animation, it makes it harder to work on.

The forum has a tool to magnify images if they're particularly small. Just click on them.

Offline daramon

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 04:16:12 pm

Two main changes:

- I used shade to represent the bend in the leg as the character walks. If the lighting is from above, the lower part of the leg will be in shade when bent.

- I moved the arm to swing around at the extremes of the torso movement.

This is just a few minutes work. You can almost certainly do better.