AuthorTopic: The Delta Oddysey  (Read 9943 times)

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

The Delta Oddysey

on: March 19, 2007, 06:25:57 am
I'm going to devote this thread entirely to my brain-child, which is everything involving my Mr. Trianglehead, Mr. Bones, Amorphous, and what have you.

I've been trying forever to make a workable isometric sprite base, and I think I have something I can do a bit with.

So here's that:

I realize this is pretty small-scale right now, but it's after 2 in the morning here and I gotta wake up in 7 hours or so. I'll work on this more tomorrow and have something else up.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:39:10 am by Panda »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: The Delta Oddysey

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:29:01 pm
i like the style, but there are a couple of things. 

Firstly, they are all looking up, i would suggest moving the eyes down so that they are looking to the squares before them instead of the sky.

second - the lines you've used across the torso don't quite read, i woul suggest altering that a bit.

third - the shoulders are too low for the common person, he is breaking his own collar just tsnading that way

fourth - Mr. Bones and the unclothed base lack any sense of thickness around the hips

lastly - might be intentional, but Mr. Bones has no neck

EDIT :

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 04:35:42 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:01:21 pm

More still. Still trying my darndest to work out the anatomy issues

@Adarias: Thank you SO much for the edit, hope you don't mind, but I basically copied the areas you fixed on the base, save for a few minor differences. I didn't change the armoured guy or anything, so yeah.

Gonna work on making this base perfect so I can just hammer out new units, and also may try out some tiles. Wish me luck, this is hard. I don't know how you do it Adarias.

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:24:47 pm
Crud, double post.  :o

More progress, working towards some tile bases so that I can start hammering those out as well. The sloped tiles are giving me trouble. Help?

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:03 pm
Dude, that's looking so fresh right now. I don't like the way the swords just stick straight out in front of the characters.

Offline artisan

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 10:36:47 pm
"Im the BATMAN" - the riddler

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:48 am
I am loving the sprties. The only crit I have right now is the stance of the characters. They all look as if they are pushing their chest outwards, which would be a quite ood idle stance.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 04:05:20 am

Update again. Made 3 more guys, worked out an issue with the tiles. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Xion: Teehee  :crazy:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:41:11 am by AlienQuark »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 04:15:37 am
This is not Punaji.
There is no [zoom].
Quit being lazy with the ctrl+c, ctrl+v.

Offline Kallock

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 06:04:10 am
I am loving the sprties. The only crit I have right now is the stance of the characters. They all look as if they are pushing their chest outwards, which would be a quite ood idle stance.

I disagree, I think it is fine.  Ever see a marine?  You're told to stand straight with your chest outwards(Pretty sure its all branches of the military).
How are you with animations Alienquark?  I'd really love to see some of the animations of your little black ghost guy.  With the sword, perhaps if its an idle stance, have it sort of going at an angle upwards?  If you get what im saying          \ - Sword!