AuthorTopic: [wip] Revisiting an older piece some odd months later  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile
This here was a piece commissioned a good while ago. I don't remember quite how long, but a good while. It was the pixel portion of a rather large title screen for the game Battlemachy. Anyways, the game is pretty fun but the art in it is now outdated. Which is why I decided to revisit the title screen portion of it.

Below is the original version of the piece and below that is it's current rendition. My plans are to rework the entire piece in my free time. At the time I had done it, I was just starting to pracice dithering and keeping a low color count and kind of got carried away with both. It resulted in a rather dirty looking piece which focused more on the techniques I was trying to learn than the piece itself. While it's cool to use 22 colors, it's not that cool when you're working on a 400x500 piece with a rainbow dragon horse amongst other things. Haha!

Old Piece:

Current Rendition:

At this moment in time I'm mainly looking for comments on the tail's new shape as that is what I'm working on. You can see the look it's going for in the completed areas where it connects to the body. Any comments are appreciated but especially ones on the things I am working on.

Also note, the old piece is even older than I had thought. While some things in the new piece look like they are new, they really aren't. The only things that are new is the redeux of the tail and the addition of a roughed in background.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 05:12:56 pm by Doppleganger »

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Re: [wip] Revisiting an older piece some odd months later

Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:29:44 pm
I think a composition need same attention. That creature logically can move only to direction oposite of what it's tail shows. If so I would rotate its upper body toward viewer a bit. And still it would not be clear what is going on. Maybe make the magus attack from a lower plane with a bit of a top view. Man, I failed to explain it.=))

Design ... i don't know. Is it  nessesery to keep legs? They seems absolutely useless for survival even in magical enviroment.=)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: [wip] Revisiting an older piece some odd months later

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 08:43:02 pm
on the flames, i suggest changing the grey to pure white, on my screen it looks darker than the yellow and looks a bit strange.