Critique > Pixel Art

[WIP][Feedback] Submarine interior - Base

(1/6) > >>

Jedemy:
Hi!

I've been working on this since 3 days , it is going to be new base for my game. It isn't even close to be done yet but i thought it would be great to get some feedback/advice to improve my work along the way while working on it.

I will highly appreciated if you tell me the things you like, don't like and why.

Thank you for taking your time!

Update

Update

Update

Update

Update

Update

Update

Update

pistachio:
If I'm getting the style right it's pretty good so far. Keeping it flat or adding some wear on the corners, small stains/details etc?
Some parts can have some more contrast, I'm thinking the view out the window, the glass tubes.
I can nitpick some things that are hard to read like the clipboard thing on the desk, but the player can probably figure this out and it's very minor stuff there.
Might make a small edit.

Vinik:
On instinct I would aggressively metal-highlight the edges of orange parts and the metal fence, although it might be a bit hard on the fence given how thin it is. Then probably na pass on smudges and wear like pistachio mentioned. I like the geometry, the hues and the values  :y: maybe pull the shadows/indirect light globally towards the blue of the background behind the glass, it would make darker areas bluer I think .

Jedemy:
I still didn't get into details much because if i do, i know i won't be able to get out of it for a long time. I am currently just trying to get the concept down.

There will be 5 places in the base: deck, laboratory(research center etc.), workshop, hangar(gate middle bottom) and storage(chest). I am still quite not happy with what i got so far but trying to get there.

Jedemy:
Did add some more lighting and details

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version