AuthorTopic: [WIP] Game "Icons"  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Kallock

• View Profile

[WIP] Game "Icons"

on: March 19, 2007, 04:03:48 am
Pretty much, just some simple icons for a game that I *may* or *may not* be creating.
What they represent should be a pretty obvious, but for those who it isn't!
The bald face is just w/o the helm and whatnot (In case I decide I dont like the helm, or can create something better)
W/ the helm is the characters, well, stats and info about him.
The Book represents a players Spellbook
yada yada yada too much text heres the image!
One thing im quite aware of, is the fact that I do have maybe a few colors in there that are quite useless, I didn't really notice it until I posted the image :).

For the most part, they were mirrored and neither are very detailed but figured I was satisfied with my beginnings and decided to post here :).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 04:19:47 am by Kallock »

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Re: [WIP] Game "Icons"

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:32 pm
I like the shading of the pages on the book, but I think the shape of it is a bit weird. Near the top, the red portion of the cover looks much darker than it should be considering the light source, and from the angle it's at it seems like there should be some of the tops of the pages showing at the top of the book.

As for the face, I suck at drawing people so I can't give you too much advice, but the helmet seems a bit dull. It would be great if you made it slightly bigger and maybe added more highlights.

Good start, can't wait to see more!

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 08:06:06 pm
-A lot of your shades are really close to each other, especially the lighter shades on the skin.  You could make better use of your six skin-ish colors by spreading the lighter ones out and bringing the darker ones closer together, since the darkest (outline) shade is drastically darker than the rest.
-Also, try experimenting with the hues on your ramps.  You can make the colors more interesting by introducing a little bit of another color into a ramp dominated by a certain color.  The traditional example is shifting shadows to be more blue and highlights to be more yellow.
-The bottom one's ears got cut off o_O  How will he be able to hear?

Overall, this is a good start, but there are things that could be done to make it better.  Good luck!
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Kallock

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 12:59:30 am
I dunno i was sorta going for the picaso feel for the ear ya' know!  Thanks on the book btw, I completely did not notice it, feel like a moron ^_^.  I really cant figure out what I can do to the helm, I dont exactly want it to be Metallic and whatnot and escape my cartoon-ish style I have going here.  I've done a few more which i'll edit and add onto this post in a bit, just woke up so opening paint and uploading things is the last thing I want to do ^_^.  Anyway, Thanks for the crits so far <3