AuthorTopic: Walk Animations  (Read 13410 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Walk Animations

Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 03:48:47 am
I might suggest checking out the rather awesome mario(from mario bros.1 NES) or link(from Legend of zelda2 NES) walks which are pretty sweet for 3 frames. They take advantage of their low colour counts obscurring the leg you're looking so might not help too much.

http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=nes&game=super_mario_bros&type=sprites&level0=animated
http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=nes&game=legend_of_zelda_2&type=sprites&level0=animated
(the link animation on the site is screwed, but if you do some rearranging in an animation editor, you can fix the frame ordering and see it properly)

I guess if you're using the typical overhead perspective RPGs use, then you could move the eyes on your sprite's head down and show off more of his baldspot.

Offline Hedgehog

• AVOCADOMG
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 06:33:03 am

It looks like it has a huge penis that only appears every two frames...
Maybe don't bring his legs out so far.
Life's a garden. Dig it.

Offline dyuaru

• Funkitized!
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 09:34:42 pm
Made some really subtle changes.

Basically made the leg stick out a pixel less and then made the back leg more readable.
Now on to the back view  :)
-Okashii Game Development-

Offline Serendor

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 10:35:53 pm
In the previous animations the head seems a bit strange.... the eyes are moving 1 pixel back when left foot is foward, but it doesnt move when the right one is.... to me it seems strange : /

Made a quick edit...

I moved the ear aswell...

Hawk

Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 10:59:56 pm
~Bugguy, compare and constrasting two peices says more than just words dependancy on the viewer and the peices being viewed.

~Hedgehog, try to use less disturbing and useless words when describing. There may/probably be younger members here.

~Dyaru, try to slow down the frame movement it will help with frame critique. Now in terms of the whole animation you have a main issue. As you will see throughout the entire animation there is a small isolated pixel area between the feet. Lastly on the neck you should remove a meaningly black outline pixel because it distorts the neck because of it's heavy contrast. Also in stature it looks like the character is leaning forward and the porportions between upper and lower body are construded. Finally, I would suggest you follow Serendor's edit it fixed the leg issue.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 11:09:55 pm
Hawk, stop telling us what to do! There's nothing wrong with the word penis.

And stop posting that horrible walking guy image, it doesn't help anyone...

Offline Vale

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 11:15:48 pm
Hawk, stop telling us what to do! There's nothing wrong with the word penis.

And stop posting that horrible walking guy image, it doesn't help anyone...
Seriously. That walkign animation isn't that good. You don't read the leg-bend at all.

One of the biggest problems is, it is a bad character base. I'd say work on the character proportion. You can still keep a cartoony look and have a good base.

Offline rougewisp

• the other side of the pillow
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 11:17:09 pm
There's nothing wrong with the word penis.

Personally I prefer phallus, it's a wonderful example of euphony.

Besides, god forbid little Timmy, wandering the intertubes, finds himself on this board and then sees the word PENIS OH SHI-.

It's not like there's a thread full of nude drawings in the general discussion forum or anything.
for great justice

Offline Serendor

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 11:36:02 pm
well, instead of discussing word for penises etc... we should help Hawk, he asked for our help... then those who want should supply it.

and I think posting that naked guy is quite vital for helping him, if the base is good or bad we should atleast try helping him making a good one out of this

I personally think this model is quite good... only need some tuning

cheers ;D

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 11:40:56 pm
I think you misunderstood our posts Serendor. We are talking to Hawk, not Dyuaru