AuthorTopic: Urdog monster for Rebelstar  (Read 3915 times)

Offline dich

• View Profile
    • www.yoyomode.ru

Urdog monster for Rebelstar

on: October 12, 2005, 11:19:10 am
It's fanart pic for Namco GBA game "Rebelstar: Tactical Command"

Colors: 28

I'm was lead character sprite artist in this game.  ::)
Excuse me for my bad English! :/

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Urdog monster for Rebelstar

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 09:46:14 pm
ooh, this is really nice. Is there going to be a background or is this as far as you're going? Either way, I really like how this came out. Some things that could use a little tweaking though, are your colour choices. Very the hues for your shadows and highlights more. The claws on it's left paw seem a little long compared to the right, too. Last thing that sticks out to me, is the AA on his small teeth on the upper section of his jaw could use another buffer shade.

Be sure to post some more.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 01:12:21 pm
the main problem is what crab said. The hues are too close. Also i think the needs more contrast.

I made a small edit. Basically is just changed the ramps and got rid of a useless red (there are two middle reds which blend totally)
I also made some aa adjustments here and there (could be more) and added some highlights on the tongue and a few white pixels on the visor as well.

just by having better ramps with hueshifts the depth of the whole thing is boosted tons.

keep it up.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline dich

• View Profile
    • www.yoyomode.ru

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 01:36:48 pm
ooh, this is really nice. Is there going to be a background or is this as far as you're going? Either way, I really like how this came out. Some things that could use a little tweaking though, are your colour choices. Very the hues for your shadows and highlights more. The claws on it's left paw seem a little long compared to the right, too. Last thing that sticks out to me, is the AA on his small teeth on the upper section of his jaw could use another buffer shade.

Be sure to post some more.

Thanks for comments !
Works on game already completed. :)

This picture did not approach on style of this game and I not did even offered its as splashscreen.
Too much blood and violences  ;D

The choice of the colour is conditioned by game palette, either as exterior of the Urdog.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 01:42:13 pm by dich »

Offline dich

• View Profile
    • www.yoyomode.ru

Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 01:51:56 pm
the main problem is what crab said. The hues are too close. Also i think the needs more contrast.

I made a small edit. Basically is just changed the ramps and got rid of a useless red (there are two middle reds which blend totally)
I also made some aa adjustments here and there (could be more) and added some highlights on the tongue and a few white pixels on the visor as well.

just by having better ramps with hueshifts the depth of the whole thing is boosted tons.

keep it up.
I much liked your variant of my picture!

Eah, I know about problem with colors and contrast. But color palette first time did not allow me to do more contrasting transition. Presently, I has done how you have offered.