AuthorTopic: [almost-finished] not another iso room.  (Read 12806 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: [WIP] not another iso room.

Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 12:10:43 am
Mouse Pad
Power Button (For the apple macintosh, usually located in the south right corner.)
Scroll Wheel (Nearly all wireless mice have them.)
Bed (Typically there is a bed.)

I don't use a mousepad.
You thinking of the old skool macs, they power button on mine is on the back.  There are also no cables, just one power cable.  The apple mighty mouse has a tiny scroll wheel - not even big enough for 1 pixel.  Yeah there normally is a bed, in bedrooms - but this isn't a bedroom, its an open plan living room / study.  

I'm not really gonna clutter it up, its got to be clean-cut stylistic, because its going to be my website it must be easy to use.

The rest of your points are good though, thanks for input.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 01:18:44 am
I think the mouse should be bigger to fit in with the clunky, clean style everything's got. It looks too realistically proportioned and shaped, out of place among all those hard edges and massive gaming systems.

Offline Grindie

• View Profile
    • Perfect Run

Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 02:55:56 am
I like how clean and clear it is. It's nice to see people not just throwing detail on for the sake of it. Also that NES is HUGE! Not in a bad way though. Looks exaggerated.

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 03:00:10 am
Oh I really love this piece. I have to agree to Grindie about how nice and sharp everything looks. I don't think you should add any true griddy looking texture because it would change the whole atmosphere of the picture. I only have one suggestions as of now. How about adding a sky, or skyline visible from the window? It might add a bit of character to the room. Well anyway, that's all I have in terms of help. Goodjob and keep it up. Oh and I forgot to mention, I love the size of the NES ;D.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 03:20:48 am
I like how there is a second color on the table, shelf-top to make them looked polished. I think the screen of the apple is maybe too messy compared to the
rest of the piece (did you take a screenshot and reduce it in size?). Also the stand on my mac is angled. Can't you fit a bite in that apple?
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 08:19:57 am
I think the screen of the apple is maybe too messy compared to the
rest of the piece (did you take a screenshot and reduce it in size?). Also the stand on my mac is angled.

Yeah im a dirty cheater with the mac screen, i'll properly pixel it later on though.

The mac stand is the most awkward shape to do in iso, feel free to make an edit.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 04:27:29 pm
I thought the mouse was a usb pen/drive at first, looks a bit rectangular and too small for a mouse.
Looking great otherwise!
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 12:38:26 am
update (see first post) - more books, bigger mouse, better imac stand, smaller nes,

I've also started a chair, but i need advice on dimensions and forms.  I dont like my generic chair - but i want to keep the blocky style.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 05:11:08 am
Looking pretty neat so far. :)

On the update though, there're a few things that bother me. I don't really know how Mac monitor stands are, but yours seems to come out really far from the front of the monitor. Sort of looks like a duck's head getting squished, or something. :D

Also, I think the chair could look nicer if the line on the part where the armrest/side of the chair and back part meet were to... not be there.

Amidst this sea of terrible grammar and confused sentences, hopefully you can find some useful critique. :lol: Keep up the good work.

Hawk

Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 07:34:40 am
About the books, the top row where the two green books are. There is a heavy sense of difference in the lighting so the right book looks larger than the left. Assuming they are the same book, this may be an edit you want to look into. Also in regards to an office I would suggest adding a lamp, a night stand/basic counter as well as a couch to make it look a bit more office type. I did some looking back on some real life examples from a few acquaintances and they have a pretty basic sense of style between them with a desk, TV, couch, lamp, CPU, side table, and a small reference of books or CDs. So either way feel free to take my critique to mind if you want a comfortable office/den/living room.