AuthorTopic: Kangaroo Fighter  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Kangaroo Fighter

on: March 14, 2007, 09:12:44 pm

:o

Set, ready FLAME IT! :P

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Re: Kangaroo Fighter

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:19:21 pm
I like the way it's looking Rico. Really nice so far. Here are my issues:

1.) The muscles are a bit too blocky and stiff. Make them more...smooth and rounded. Muscle shaped ya know?

2.) Kangaroos are actually somewhat furry so maybe some fur texture. Or is that what you're trying to accomplish with the dithering in the front?

Other than that. It's all good.  :y:  :)

Offline Serena

• View Profile
    • Serena's Deviant Art

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 10:28:10 pm
I like the way it's looking Rico. Really nice so far. Here are my issues:

1.) The muscles are a bit too blocky and stiff. Make them more...smooth and rounded. Muscle shaped ya know?

2.) Kangaroos are actually somewhat furry so maybe some fur texture. Or is that what you're trying to accomplish with the dithering in the front?

Other than that. It's all good.  :y:  :)
To me it looks like he's going for a cel-shaded style, so I think the lack of fur probably fits. 

I think the shading needs some work... the light source is ambiguous.  when you look at his tail and back, it looks like the light source is from behind, but looking at the biceps it looks like the light is from the front.
It is a cute character though, I like the scar.

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 10:36:15 pm
Cel-Shaded stlye I'd first agree with Serena but there's some dithering on the front which makes me think otherwise.  ???

Also, I'd also agree with the lighting issues she mentioned which I very much so overlooked. Might wanna fix that up bro. :)

Another thing I overlooked is the right arm. It looks a bit, I hate to say this about your piece but for lack of a better term, physically challenged. I'll try to give you an edit to show you what I mean in a bit.

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 10:38:48 pm
I think the light is coming from the top. Also the left hand is smaller than the right which should be the other way around, make the left hand bigger and turn it a bit to the right.

in the shadows, lurking.

Hawk

Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 10:43:16 pm
The light is coming from a diagonal from the top left corner...

Anyway, other than the muscles and some broke lighting issues I only have one concern. What is with the red "X"? When I see it I picture it as the perfect treasure seeking X that you find on a map, and it makes me want to go digging. ...Anyway aside from personal feelings about the red X if you intended it to be a scar you should make it more fleshy/scar-type because currently it just looks like a tattoo. Add depth to it on the far side of the if needed, and add a few color blemishes to symbolizes accent in the cut.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:13:23 am by Hawk »

Offline Pownatized

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 01:58:30 am
I think you should change his arms into a stance so that it looks like he is about to pounce/punch, perhaps having them closer to his back.