AuthorTopic: [WIP] Starting From Step One  (Read 34558 times)

Hawk

Re: [WIP] Starting From Step One

Reply #100 on: March 18, 2007, 10:15:06 pm
Well both circuits have a flow, one is blood, one is energy. They both travel through routes. Thanks. Now to answer your question about the circuit yes, I fully understand that reasoning. It came to my mind about the rain, or weather conditions a pretty long time ago. So I've decided to turn it into a holligram projection panel, using a similiar technique to present day technology. By embedding the black board and putting projections at every side they will be able to create a holligram the entire width of that panel dependancy on the light projection frequency along with projection angle. Yet in regards to what I will have display is still a question since doing an image would particularly difficult so I"m going to result to doing text for the time being to cut back colors.
Now in regards to current progress I"m having a bit of difficulty on making a good template for the panel shading. It might take a while longer.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #101 on: March 18, 2007, 10:23:45 pm
just out of curiosity, did you read my last post in this thread?

Hawk

Reply #102 on: March 18, 2007, 10:29:25 pm
just out of curiosity, did you read my last post in this thread?

Yes, and I thank you for the example. I'm just going to end up keeping it this way though, but I assure you that when I get to the real building that I'll take into account your examples. Right now, I'm just trying to get associated with the creation of good templates, how to arrange good detail, etc. once I acheive this I'll start on the real mock up.

Offline Rynen10K

• żĄ┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #103 on: March 19, 2007, 05:04:11 pm

Yeah, Yeah, I know: "Eew". I just wanted to try a hand at editing it  :crazy:

Also, I threw up a lineart of the old design.

To be honest, I don't really like dithering unless I really have to... maybe I just need more practice with it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:15:25 pm by Rynen10K »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #104 on: March 19, 2007, 06:51:12 pm
I really don't see how this is supposed to be a building. I mean...aside from the fact that it's a tall, rectangular object, I don't see anything buildingish about it. I mean, circuits? Are you sure you don't want this to be a computer or something? I don't see any windows, doors, those little ridge thingies that stick out to signify the separation between floors that gargoyles used to stand on but then they got rid of gargoyles but sometimes you still saw the ridges where they would sit if they still were...
Well, my point is there's nothing about this at all that says "building." I think you might want to remedy that before you get too far. I know you said this is practice and all, but if this is going to be in a game, the design of it must be fairly clear.

If I misunderstood something just tell me.

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #105 on: March 19, 2007, 06:54:28 pm
I really don't see how this is supposed to be a building. I mean...aside from the fact that it's a tall, rectangular object, I don't see anything buildingish about it. I mean, circuits? Are you sure you don't want this to be a computer or something? I don't see any windows, doors, those little ridge thingies that stick out to signify the separation between floors that gargoyles used to stand on but then they got rid of gargoyles but sometimes you still saw the ridges where they would sit if they still were...
Well, my point is there's nothing about this at all that says "building." I think you might want to remedy that before you get too far. I know you said this is practice and all, but if this is going to be in a game, the design of it must be fairly clear.

If I misunderstood something just tell me.
Agree on that, I have been reading all the topic and looking to advances, at the beggining I though it was a Ipod-telephone type of thing, then I though it was a computer esque, you should really try to add more building details, eventhough this could be  futuristic building it should have doors and windows, would you like a house without doors and windows hell no.

Offline Rynen10K

• żĄ┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Reply #106 on: March 19, 2007, 08:22:42 pm
Well, it's a comm tower, so I'm guessing it's main function is to send and receive signals...

But, yeah, there should be at least some sort of lookout window.. A Communication Tower's no good if someone sneaks up and blows it up  :P

Hawk

Reply #107 on: March 20, 2007, 02:49:24 am
~Rynen10K, thank you for the editation, though I believe you made a small attempt at a Matrix inbreed. Anyway thank you none the less. There will be signal base stations ontop, and it's in a high-tech theme so there isn't really a need for a look out window. It's the foundation of a space database and communications so if anyone, even a terrorist, attempts to blow it up they would be hunted by a massive division.

~Xion, I've already explained what I was going to do throughout this thread.

~Kren, it's not a house, it's a tower.

~All, though I must say I thank everyone that has helped me in this situation to get a stronger grip on pixeling, yet due to some recent issues with other members and my outlook on some of the factors of this forum I will be closing this project, *at least here*, and will retain it through private contacts as I will be using my final posts for the game job thread/upkeep instead of earning warnings for doing anything otherwise.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #108 on: March 20, 2007, 02:59:56 am
Good luck then.