AuthorTopic: [WIP] Starting From Step One  (Read 34565 times)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Starting From Step One

Reply #70 on: March 17, 2007, 02:54:22 am
I agree. I too want to see your previous projects.

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #71 on: March 17, 2007, 03:13:01 am
I, for one, find this topic rather interesting. And by for one, I mean for many, because it's blatantly obvious that this is "thee" topic.

While my say probably doesn't mean much, I'm going to practice my rights as an american citizen and say that this topic has become incredibly pointless. It has been reduced to back and forth nitpicky arguments due, simply, to arrogance.

There's no real reason that a below average building should warrant 60 posts unless that person, of course, is seeking help and reposting revisions very often. But no, there's none of that going on here. This topic should probably be locked or moved to general discussion with the new title "Hawk is arrogant and lacks experience". Which is what this topic has diminished to.

I think by now Hawk, hopefully, has an idea of the way things work around here and if he decides to stay and interact the way everybody else does, he should start a new topic and do things the way they ought to be done. Post some work worthy of critiquing and then take those critiques into consideration.

This is a rather mature community with highly talented artists Hawk, and if you can't accept those facts then it's not worth your time to be here.

While this topic was quite amusing originally, I think that it's just getting to be out of control now.

Hawk

Reply #72 on: March 17, 2007, 07:29:38 am
I, for one, find this topic rather interesting. And by for one, I mean for many, because it's blatantly obvious that this is "thee" topic.

While my say probably doesn't mean much, I'm going to practice my rights as an american citizen and say that this topic has become incredibly pointless. It has been reduced to back and forth nitpicky arguments due, simply, to arrogance.

There's no real reason that a below average building should warrant 60 posts unless that person, of course, is seeking help and reposting revisions very often. But no, there's none of that going on here. This topic should probably be locked or moved to general discussion with the new title "Hawk is arrogant and lacks experience". Which is what this topic has diminished to.

I think by now Hawk, hopefully, has an idea of the way things work around here and if he decides to stay and interact the way everybody else does, he should start a new topic and do things the way they ought to be done. Post some work worthy of critiquing and then take those critiques into consideration.

This is a rather mature community with highly talented artists Hawk, and if you can't accept those facts then it's not worth your time to be here.

While this topic was quite amusing originally, I think that it's just getting to be out of control now.

My apologies for the way this thread turned out. Though I delay my apologies by the way that you take view of this topic, I've done nothing wrong in any essence, but have been persecuted with all of this based off of critique, and your words are meaningless as you fail to reckon to that reasoning in addition to your childish request for a immature resolve.

Froli, Gil, why would I intend to expand a new world of material before you just so that you can add to your streak of spite towards me? Now Froli, try looking at the reasoning why I made that comment, you might see something past just one sentence, and see that I posted an example as well as a passage of critique for that artist.

Anyway, using this topic as I originally intended it to be:

The update has alot of dithering and I removed/redid some of the lines, and added some contrast. It looks better and cleaner than before in my perspective.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 07:36:30 am by Hawk »

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #73 on: March 17, 2007, 07:36:43 am
Well I'm going to steer clear of this whole argument and comment on the picture. I know it's a WIP but right now the left side of the building (our left) looks dull compared to the right side which has a lot more detail. And maybe you could add more colors other than mostly monochrome unless it is intended to look like that. Well keep working on it, it's looking a lot better.

Hawk

Reply #74 on: March 17, 2007, 07:48:53 am
Well I'm going to steer clear of this whole argument and comment on the picture. I know it's a WIP but right now the left side of the building (our left) looks dull compared to the right side which has a lot more detail. And maybe you could add more colors other than mostly monochrome unless it is intended to look like that. Well keep working on it, it's looking a lot better.

Thanks, it's a relief you say that. Though currently I'm trying to work on a general style for the front and then mimic a similiar to the side. Yet I'll take into account your suggestion when I get to the side.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #75 on: March 17, 2007, 08:18:29 am
You should really control your colours better. You are using 48 at the moment. Here's an edit with 16 colours.

original/edit:

(and I fixed the perspective-line at the left top which was anoying me all the time O_o)

Hawk

Reply #76 on: March 17, 2007, 08:49:49 am
You should really control your colours better. You are using 48 at the moment. Here's an edit with 16 colours.

original/edit:

(and I fixed the perspective-line at the left top which was anoying me all the time O_o)

Ahh, thanks. I had alot of leftover colors from template changes. Also I'll take to changing that line like I said just previously once I get an ideal design.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #77 on: March 17, 2007, 09:24:03 am
The grey outlines on the top of the building need to be darker.

And for all of us.

What games did you (help) produce?

Hawk

Reply #78 on: March 17, 2007, 10:09:01 am
The grey outlines on the top of the building need to be darker.

And for all of us.

What games did you (help) produce?

Read this previous statement.
...why would I intend to expand a new world of material before you just so that you can add to your streak of spite towards me?

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #79 on: March 17, 2007, 10:16:35 am
We dont hate you man, your attituide was a little more I know it all than most of us expected.
Stop stalling me, I'm interested.