AuthorTopic: [WIP] Starting From Step One  (Read 34550 times)

Hawk

[WIP] Starting From Step One

on: March 15, 2007, 05:54:27 am
Original

You may all be wondering what the heck the above is, and I'll tell you. The above is a G.U.D.N. tower from a gaming project that I'm leading called, "Lunix Palvitier™", a high-tech/space themed game series consisting of 4 planned game sequels:

Lunix Plavitier (2D)
Lunix Palvitier (3D)
Lunix Palvitier (3D)
Lunix Palvitier: Nebula Tactics (3D)

The above is from the sub-game in works the 3D version and is generally a outlined mock-up of that building model. Anyway I would like to say that I'll be posting updates on this more than likely hourly except for sleeping, and you all can expect probably something very similiar in quality to that of my current avatar. Right now the style you see portrayed as my avatar, futuristic fantasy (heavy realism impressionism), is the pixel style I've decided to adopt and will generally be the foundation style of all my works whether buildings or otherwise. Feel free to critique, edit critiques, and comment once I get some work done on these lines, but try to refrain from doing so before hand. (Keep in mind this will require a high color count to acheive the idolized style.)

Current State Of Peice

Update Log
Original Version ~ Simiple crude section outlines, and yes that in the green is going to end up a bush. Little light beacon detail at tip of wireless beacon (top of creation). 6 Colors
Update 1 ~ Started to work on the beacon & beacon station itself, this small outline is rather hard to work with yet it allows me to make a good use of my colors. 18 Colors
Update 2 ~ Major edit, took about 15 minutes from start & loading, etc. It's the basic panels for the peice.
Update 3 ~ In the process of adding the side panel.
Update 4 ~ Quick coloring on remaining areas. Going to add speck detail, and kill off some colors.
Update 5 ~ Decided to change around the shape, and style so that it would be a bit more tangible.
Update 6 ~ Fixed the faint issue, some outline issues, blending, and just some general lighting.
Update 7 ~ Here is an update. I did a few changes, and basically just added that line to make it have depth. Changed the color scheme (trying to go back to original). I did some spot checker texurizing. Now some insight on this update, the side panel that you see on the side I turned into a circuit board, or just simply a display screen, and I tried to heavily influence the cool-blue electric tone.
Update 8 ~ The update has alot of dithering and I removed/redid some of the lines, and added some contrast. It looks better and cleaner than before in my perspective.
Update 9 ~ Cut down the color count heavily, and did more reformation on the lines.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 06:39:11 pm by Hawk »

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Starting From Step One

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:02:06 am
How long did it take you to do this WIP? I could do it in under a minute. I have nothing to critique at the moment, too early.

Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:04:03 am
Also, the irony of telling someone to post a piece that shows effort while you post this.
Maybe it is time you watch what you say when posting around.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:45:37 pm
heavy realism impressionism

I think activation of brain is in order.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 12:51:14 pm
Good luck with the piece. At the time it's too early to critique.

Offline Grindie

• View Profile
    • Perfect Run

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 02:36:37 pm
You may all be wondering what the heck the above is, and I'll tell you. The above is a G.U.D.N. tower from a gaming project that I'm leading called, "Lunix Palvitier™", a high-tech/space themed game series consisting of 4 planned game sequels:

Lunix Plavitier (2D)
Lunix Palvitier (3D)
Lunix Palvitier (3D)
Lunix Palvitier: Nebula Tactics (3D)

Did you really trademark that name or did you just stick the trademark on to make it more "professional"? Also, I'll give you a month's wages if you actually complete these 4 planned sequels.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 04:10:55 pm
That's a huge bush

Hawk

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 04:21:30 pm
That's a huge bush

It won't seem that large, I'm going to hint towards a tree though. Mind that this tree is ontop of the cell tower, it's because of an Co2 recycling act innated because the percentage of vegation vs metropolitian areas.

@Helm, thank you and sorry I couldn't post more of it sooner, got tied up with directing a co-worker on the 2D project.

@Ptoing, actually that is the problem with this theme it's because there are limited to no references.

@Panda, hint at the phrase I posted:
Feel free to critique, edit critiques, and comment once I get some work done on these lines, but try to refrain from doing so before hand. (Keep in mind this will require a high color count to acheive the idolized style.)

@Frychiko, about a few minutes. Trying to make a tiny sized model, and then I'm going to make a large model, have to make sure it looks realistic and not just flat.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 04:32:24 pm by Hawk »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 04:39:28 pm
Yeah, I'm aware you are still working on it. But what made you think his animated lines weren't a WIP either? Did you think about that when posting on the other thread?
Acting like an ass won't lead you far.

Also, this whole thing looks like it uses 6 colors (at most) yet you are using 18.
A good use of your colors you say? Honestly I don't think so, you are not making the most of them.

Hawk

Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 05:10:25 pm
There was a difference, when you ask for critique on the apparent, you're going to get it. When you say wait awhile until there is something to critique, then that is when your going to get it. In addition I'm counting all of the colors, black, white, gray, dark grey, green, and all the colors I will come across. So yes the color count will be high, but the truth is, do you care about a number or do you care about the product?