AuthorTopic: [WIP] Constantine  (Read 6354 times)

Offline Fizz

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Constantine

Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 02:29:31 am
I'm going to have to disagree with you. It would look wrong if the eyes were closer because they are of some distance in the bust.  But I will shorten the mouth.  Where does it need more shading?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:00:42 am by Fizz »

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 08:00:35 am
The peice could do with more likeness, I don't think you are quite done. Also, it could do with more shading in my opinion. Your peice has a squarish head, where as the reference has a more oval head, THe mouth on your peice is to wide, and in the refernece, his mouth ends about where his eyes start on each side of his nose. Your peice has this as well, but you should move your eyes 2 maybe 3 pixles towards the nose to make the mouth less wide. Anyways, keep working on it :)

The mouth should be as wide as the chin I believe. The face looks mirrored now, maybe if you bring in a different light source you can make the shading more interesting or dramatic. Play a bit with it :y:

Edit:

Where do you see that the mouth ends where the eyes start?

And I've to agree you can make it look more like in the statue, study the reference, highlight his facial features so you can base your version on that.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 08:11:43 am by Gunne »
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 12:51:58 pm
  Where does it need more shading?

Well, I would say not to use a head on light source, with this limited pallete I think you get get a better outcome with more shading on one side or another, with a head on light source, you would really need one more highlight color, which I beleive you cannot have according to the rules, also, in the reference picture, the light source is from the left, not head on.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.