AuthorTopic: running pixel base  (Read 6866 times)

Offline birkka

• View Profile

running pixel base

on: March 14, 2007, 03:39:50 pm
hello everybody i'm new here  i'm french so excuse me but i don't speek english very well

I show you my running base  say me if you like it  :crazy:

second version

Last version

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:41:03 am by birkka »

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Re: running pixel base

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:42:55 pm
I like it, but maby you should let the upper body slightly bend down, you don't run with a straight upper body.

Offline birkka

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:46:22 pm
I post two other pixel art i made  but its older works

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 03:49:02 pm
lol it looks like he is marching after a victorious battle or something like that :P It doesn look like its a running anim though

Hawk

Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:00:11 pm
...Even though you are new, please show at least some effort other than just showing an outlined animation. Also even before you post this, why not look around at other threads that have had the same inquery, this way time could be saved.

Anyway, in regards to the animation, the character puts to much effort into his arms. Either arm looks like it's only 3 pixels away from smacking him in the face, which isn't really normal. So in other words, just tone down the effort exerted into the arm movement, detail the entire thing, and then ask for critique.

Next on your more recent additions the walking for the male character is way to exaggerated and it seems like your character is doing a head bob to some unheard music, either that or tripping. So tone down the leg strife, redo the overal posture, and fix the hands.

Finally onto your lizard, you need to add more detail overall especially if your trying to depict a reptilian. You will need to add scales in general if that was your goal. Now in regards to the animation, well for one the overall body conception with the breathing is a little exaggerated, and the arms realy shouldn't move unless it's truly exhausted. Then on the tail, it breaks all the rules of anatomy by only having that portion of the tail move. Usually, except in rare cases with snakes and worms, everything moves via a joint, which would be the tail bone, or cartiledge of that lizard tail. So even if you fantasied that it could move it's tail because of it's human-cross breed structure, there still couldn't be a frank possibility that it could do that form of movement unless you perceived that there are joints along the entire tail which would alas make it a bone-tier movement which would limit the mobility of the tail, and cause it only to curl in one direction and not two without breaking the joints unless there was the case that it was double-jointed. So I would suggest moving the entire tail from side to side via the base to add the final tinge of realism to this peice.

Offline birkka

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:10:50 pm
thank you all of us for helping me I will try to do all i can for make a better work on my pixel thank's  :)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 04:26:26 pm
...Even though you are new, please show at least some effort other than just showing an outlined animation. Also even before you post this, why not look around at other threads that have had the same inquery, this way time could be saved.

This piece shows a lot of effort, what's wrong with showing outlines?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 06:17:42 pm
Ditto, I think that comment was out of line, and beyond that he DID show other pixel work as well.  But exactly like gil said, what could possibly be wrong with wanting feedback on an outline before actually committing a ton of work to shading it (and a sprite that size WILL be a ton of work)?

As to the actual animation, I think there is a lot of style to it, the timing just feels a little slow.  I think if you speed it up a little bit you will be in great shape, and we'll be able to judge better where you can make some tweaks to the motion to get a solid outline.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 06:47:45 pm
it makes me think of Cid from FF7, his run animation

atm he feels a little like hes running in the air, not touching anything.  having a real weight fall into his boots when he hits the ground, and a real heave when he kicks up again would help a great deal.  Remember that lcomotion is much more about pulling than it is pushing; each step clutches the ground and pulls the body forawrd, releasing at the last moment allowing the momentum from the pull to carry the body farther.  Think about a slippery floor.  its very very easy to push something that is slippery, but hard to pull on it.  that's why you cant run; no grip.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline birkka

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 08:00:53 pm
I work on it after read your comment  i hope this one was better   :)

EDIT:

speed up

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 06:25:08 pm by birkka »