AuthorTopic: 2 New Pixel Pieces (WIPs)  (Read 6184 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: 2 New Pixel Pieces (WIPs)

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 03:23:46 pm
I'm loving that hairdo.

You might be simplifying the face a bit on your statue. The nose is very angled and the other nostrill should be showing. the eyes are exaggerated, which is a very common thing to do, and a lot of the shadows have been left out. I would suggest you try to redo the shape of the head a little and maybe scale it down a notch as it makes it easier to correct and spot faults. I tried to change your head based on the reference:

The right side of the head (our right) has a lot more curves to it as ticks closer to the eye. The eyes, nose, mouth and left side of the head has some pretty deep shadows that help bring out the volume. He also has a minor lightsource comming from the left.

:y:

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 04:18:08 pm
Mmm It is somewhat disturbing that this ancient Greek woman resembles me...A guy.....Ugh I have the most feminine hair ever :'(
Your peice doesn't really have the right facial shape yet, but Snake's edit is going in the right direction, the face should be more narrow. I would laso remove the obvious dithering, it doesn't do much for the epice, and looks kind of out  of place.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 08:37:06 pm
Below is the reference picture I'm using:

As you can see, the shadows are less dramatic than the one snake has used. I think dithering would work better for this piece should I use the original reference but if I use the one that mangust posted then snake's technique would be perfect. I totally understand all your points about facial features but this reference picture doesn't show so much like the other one but I will scale it down a bit. The mouth has always been bothering me and it still does. Snake, your edit is awesome and very helpful  :y:. Thanks everyone for the tips!