AuthorTopic: [WIP] Hellsing - Alucard  (Read 8651 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Hellsing - Alucard

Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 11:04:34 pm
What are you meaning crab? Not pixelart? What are you basing that on? Me, my mouse and graphicsgale thinks otherwise. I wouldn't have posted something here that I haven't pixeled...

I thought the other guys had explained well enough, but, ok, this isn't pixel art because it shows no attention on the pixel level. There's no AA, no use of pixel techniques, and your pixel steppings don't show much care to reduce unnecessary jaggies to show a few reasons. I said that mostly because you said you were satisfied with this when you should not be satisfied at all because the pixels still need a lot more attention. I'd seriously consider shrinking to as much as a quarter of the original and proceed from there. Pixels get more interesting at the lower scales as you are forced to choose what information you want/need to show

I'd still like to know if there was a ref. It looks like there was a ref used, which would be useful for seeing if you captured the look and feel of the original.

Offline BadMrBox

• Bringer of Apocalypse
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Games

Re: [WIP] Hellsing - Alucard

Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 02:04:50 pm
I think it was a mistake to say that I was kinda happy with a w.i.p ::)
@Crab
I understand and agree with you. I will most likely follow your advice in shrinking the piece.

Sorry, I missed your question about ref the first time around. I just frozed in the middle of an episod and worked from that. Heres some other pics on him.

http://media.film.ru/anime2003/Hellsing.jpg [big]
www.absoluteanime.com/hellsing/alucard.gif
and the wikipage with some pics on it www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_(Hellsing)