AuthorTopic: Life/Tamigotchi Style Sprites :)  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Life/Tamigotchi Style Sprites :)

on: October 11, 2005, 01:16:05 pm
I did these a little while back. Nem and I were going to do a life simulator with them, though we ran out of time. Anyways, I thought they would be interesting to share :)

Let me know if any of you are interested in making a game out of them... I might be interested in a quickie game (and could make a few more bits to go along with it)

Offline PK Mays

• Formerly blu_munkee
    • View Profile

Re: Life/Tamigotchi Style Sprites :)

Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 05:12:07 pm
There's a good amount of variety in the creatures for such a small space to work in. And bonus points for the 5th one--it looks like a decapitated Chao.

I'm not so sure about the palette. If you were intending on making these things cute and cuddly, I think the color scheme might need some tweaking. Most of these guys look like they are made of boogers and dirt. Heh.

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:44:02 pm
hey peppermint Pig, here are some current images of what i'm trying to achieve, maybe we can find a way to convert your existing gfx (mainly having a new color palette of 5 colors) into something playable:

more infos here:
http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=654444

i'm quite busy those days, but anyway feel free to talk a bit more about your game and i'll evaluate how complex it is for a flash conversion ;)

thanks

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 02:30:25 am
Most of these guys look like they are made of boogers and dirt. Heh.

LOL... yeah, you're right.

marmotte: Thanks for your interest. The least I wanted to see was some sort of screensaver/javascript/flash life bit.. no real need for a full blown game.. but if you have some ideas for a game, I'm open to them..

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 03:43:18 am
a screensaver... interesting. what about a screensaver for that peopleboy machine? :P

anyway i didn't mean to have a full long game, really, a simple breakout/arkanoid, pacman, "rescue the guys that are falling from the building" etc kind game is enough, but i thought that a game with those creatures was already planned, so i was more thinking about an adaptation of it... what do you mean with "life simulator"? you watch those creatures live by themselves? or you have some basic interactions like "feed", "kick" etc :P

as i said, i'm open to any little game...

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 04:05:26 am
Yeah, with life, you watch them, or could be able to click to delete them.. and the sorta breed by color tone/egg color...

Hehe, breakout is inspiring... give me some time to brainstorm.. could come up with something workable.